https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/12064-dizionario_italiano_inglese_which_one.html

dizionario italiano-inglese - which one?
Thread poster: lesley haigh
lesley haigh
lesley haigh
Italy
Local time: 04:43
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2003

Ciao
attualmente viaggio molto e sto usando dizionari on line ma avrei bisogno di comprare un dizionario generico italiano inglese - potete consigliarmene uno tra i tanti disponibili?
Qualcuno ha mai usato il Collins-Sansoni?

Grazie per i consigli
lesley

Giusi Pasi
Giusi Pasi  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian
+ ...
Picchi - Hoepli Jun 24, 2003

Ciao Lesley,

ti consiglio il Picchi ed. Hoepli. L'ho comprato quest'anno e mi piace più degli altri che ho. E' un diz. bilingue, inglese-italiano italiano -inglese. O cercavi solo un'edizione di diz. italiano-inglese e basta? In questo caso, non saprei.

Giusi

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Picchi (Hoepli pub.) comes with a CD Jun 24, 2003

And it could be handy if you're travelling around - I have never seen the CD but I presume it contains everything that's in the paper dictionary.

Myself, I use the Ragazzini (Zanichelli pub.), which again comes with a CD and it's bilingual (Eng-ita/Ita>Eng).

Please notice that both CDs (Picchi and Ragazzini) are for PC only (no Mac

HTH

PS Sorry, I have never use the bilingual Col
... See more
And it could be handy if you're travelling around - I have never seen the CD but I presume it contains everything that's in the paper dictionary.

Myself, I use the Ragazzini (Zanichelli pub.), which again comes with a CD and it's bilingual (Eng-ita/Ita>Eng).

Please notice that both CDs (Picchi and Ragazzini) are for PC only (no Mac

HTH

PS Sorry, I have never use the bilingual Collins

quote]Giusi Pasi wrote:

Ciao Lesley,

ti consiglio il Picchi ed. Hoepli. L'ho comprato quest'anno e mi piace più degli altri che ho. E' un diz. bilingue, inglese-italiano italiano -inglese. O cercavi solo un'edizione di diz. italiano-inglese e basta? In questo caso, non saprei.

Giusi[/quote]
Collapse

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
German to English
+ ...
Collins-Sansoni Jun 24, 2003

Hi Leslie,

I have the Collins-Sansoni and would certainly recommend it above any other Italian-English dictionaries I've seen. I have the hardback big edition, which mightn't be ideal for travelling, but it's certainly paid for itself at this stage.

Hope this helps

Ian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dizionario italiano-inglese - which one?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »