book to learn Romanian
Thread poster: anika10000

anika10000  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:56
German to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 7, 2008

I am looking for a good study book to learn Romanian. I am not talking about holiday Romanian, but the real thing.
The book/DVD can be in English, Dutch or German.
Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:56
English to Romanian
+ ...
Online course Dec 7, 2008

Dear Anika,

I know it's not what you asked for, but it might also be very helpful for you: an online course held by our colleague Veronica Drugas: http://www.proz.com/translator_training/romanian_online_course-1045.html.

Good luck!

HTH

Ioana

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
book to learn Romanian Dec 7, 2008

I have used "Lehrbuch der rumänischen Sprache" by Salzer and "Einführung in die rumänische Sprache" by Klein/Ceauşescu. I have found both to be helpful. You need some knowledge of linguistics to use Klein/Ceauşescu, but will benefit from it accordingly.

Marc

Delia Georgescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:56
English to Romanian
+ ...
2 other suggestions Dec 7, 2008

Colloquial Romanian: A Complete Language Course / Dennis Deletant. Very useful for beginners. You can find this book on Amazon.

A course in contemporary Romanian/ Boris Cazacu, Matilda Caragiu Marioteanu, Clara Georgeta Chiosa, Valeria Gutu Romalo. Out-of-date texts, but very good grammar explanations. Only for linguists.

Good luck!
Delia

Dan Bab
Canada
Local time: 06:56
French to English
+ ...
Colloquial Romanian Dec 18, 2008

I'm Romanian and I've used that book for review. It's not really a complete package and it doesn't really give detailed explanations on some things that foreigners might not automatically understand but it's a start. Once you become more advanced you could try going for some Romanian grammar books which you can find on internet sites such as librarie.net. Unfortunately not many complete foreign language books on Romanian are available.

anika10000  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Dec 19, 2008

Thank you all very much for all your tips and advice!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

book to learn Romanian

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs