Thread poster: alx
alx
alx  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:06
English to French
+ ...
Jul 15, 2003

Hi everybody,

I am looking for potential work and training material in the form of untranslated books, especially original English literature. Would you know of any website that compiles such titles? Many thanks in advance,

Alx

Laure Rose
Laure Rose
France
Local time: 14:06
English to French
Easy ! Aug 8, 2003

bonjour !
I had to do the same thing for my MA in translation, essentially based on commenting and translation untranslated material; you want to try GRANTA magazine, an excellent literary review that publishes contempory writers in English. you can find their site on the web and download some of the stories, or buy copies of the magazine (book format) in language bookshop in Paris ( Smith rue de Rivoli aux tuileries )
Good luck, et courage.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for untranslated material resource

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »