Thread poster: Adolpho J Silva
Adolpho J Silva
Adolpho J Silva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:51
German to English
+ ...
Feb 1, 2002

I am wondering where you can get the SDLX translation program and whether it also has to be used with a donngle, just as in the case of Trados ?

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 13:51
English to Italian
+ ...
Just go to their site (SDLX, by the way) Feb 1, 2002

and download the program. I think it is still available for a 30 days trial period. I bought it from the net, and you need no dongle.

And believe you me, I would rather work with SDLX (especially alligning) than with Trados. It is an excellent program, perhaps underrated, as is Multitrans.

paola l m

Adolpho J Silva
Brazil
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX Program Feb 1, 2002

Dear Paola,

Thanks for the info. I will access the site and make a trial with the program.

Greetings from Rio!

Adolpho J Silva

Accredited Translator

Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:51
German to English
SDLX.com Feb 1, 2002

I purchased this program fairly recently. You can register it on-line with a \"flexible licence\". With this, you can register and de-register for as many computers as you wish (only one at a time though).

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
Let me know, what you think Feb 2, 2002

Adolpho and Alan of the software. We should start an SDLX fan club. The aligning function, as I said, is superior to Trados\'. And in that respect, Multitrans is even better: there is no aligning required. It does it on its own.

cheers from windy and snowy Canada

paola l m

Alan Johnson
Germany
German to English
Service Feb 2, 2002

May I also add that, in contrast to Trados, cudstomer service (support, etc.) is fast and efficient, and FREE (I don\'t know about the rest of the world, but Trados support in Germany is only with a separate contract, abd is approx. € 150 p.a.). When I mailed SDLX, I had a reply next day at latest.

Alan Johnson
Germany
German to English
Fan club Feb 2, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-02-02 03:38, ludovici wrote:

Adolpho and Alan of the software. We should start an SDLX fan club. The aligning function, as I said, is superior to Trados\'. And in that respect, Multitrans is even better: there is no aligning required. It does it on its own.

paola l m

Hello Paola, from a very warm (fo... See more
Quote:

On 2002-02-02 03:38, ludovici wrote:

paola l m

Hello Paola, from a very warm (for the time of year) Germany - sunny, 16°C (60 F).

We could start a forum here perhaps, or use Yahoo! groups.

Regards

Alan ▲ Collapse

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
CAT FORUM Feb 2, 2002

Hi Alan,

to be fair we should start a Cat Tools Forum, and I agree with you entirely: all the times I contacted SDLX support, they answered in a very timely and professional fashion. Their online support function allows users to attach files.

Also, when I share work with colleagues who have Trados, there is no problem. We swap TMs and the work goes smoothily.

Still seasonally snowy and windy here in Canada. The first true winter days, after very unseasonable tem
... See more
Hi Alan,

to be fair we should start a Cat Tools Forum, and I agree with you entirely: all the times I contacted SDLX support, they answered in a very timely and professional fashion. Their online support function allows users to attach files.

Also, when I share work with colleagues who have Trados, there is no problem. We swap TMs and the work goes smoothily.

Still seasonally snowy and windy here in Canada. The first true winter days, after very unseasonable temperatures.

ciao

paola l m

Collapse

Adolpho J Silva
Brazil
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX x Multitrans Feb 2, 2002

Hi, Paola,

I was wondering whether I should also get a trial copy of Multitrans before finally deciding on SDLX. Could you indicate an URL where one can get Multitrans ?

Greetings from Rio (+41º C !)

Sincerely

Adolpho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDXL where can you get the program ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »