Thread poster: Bernadette Vincent-De heyder
Bernadette Vincent-De heyder
Bernadette Vincent-De heyder
Cambodia
Local time: 15:24
English to French
Feb 24, 2009

Hello,

Has anyone any comments, bad or good, about working with Wordfast?

Thank you

Bernadette

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:24
English to Hungarian
+ ...
See dedicated forum Feb 24, 2009

There are well over 10,000 users of Wordfast, which clearly indicates that the program has a lot of useful features. Take a look at the manual and read the dedicated forum - http://www.proz.com/forum/86 - if you are looking for information in general. If you have any specific more questions, there will be dozens of users who will help you out.
Attila

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Just go, download and try Feb 25, 2009

Only you can answer this question for you.

Browsing the archives of the WF group in Yahoo! can be informative.

[Edited at 2009-02-25 09:08 GMT]

Maria Amorim (X)
Maria Amorim (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:24
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
Try it! Feb 25, 2009

I have been working with Wordfast for a time now and I consider it a nice, friendly Cat Tool. It may take some time to go through/understand all its functions. Starting to work is the way you get through and , at the same time, reading/testing the manual as you face any difficulty.

It is not so expensive and it has a nice support team. This makes a difference!

Good Luck!

Alexandre Coutu
Alexandre Coutu
Canada
Local time: 03:24
English to French
Give it try; works for me. Feb 25, 2009

I've been using it for 2 to 3 years now. I have to admit that I haven't tried other products, but after using the demo version for a while, I decided it was a good tool to have. It so happens that a client of mine is doing a website makeover and since I translated the original one, huge portions of the new site are in my translation memory...

It's light, effective, does the job for me. If you're not sure, you need to try the demo version. Any translator that has never used a CAT too
... See more
I've been using it for 2 to 3 years now. I have to admit that I haven't tried other products, but after using the demo version for a while, I decided it was a good tool to have. It so happens that a client of mine is doing a website makeover and since I translated the original one, huge portions of the new site are in my translation memory...

It's light, effective, does the job for me. If you're not sure, you need to try the demo version. Any translator that has never used a CAT tool, should a least give one a try.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »