Marco Cevoli
Marco Cevoli  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:35
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Feb 25, 2009

Hi,

I just wanted to let anyone know that I have developed a free toolbar to download as a Firefox or Internet Explorer add-on: http://qabiria.ourtoolbar.com This add-on gathers up in one place many search features, RSS feeds, useful tools and links, all of them especially selected for language professionals.

I know this may sound like an ad, but please consider that there is no mu
... See more
Hi,

I just wanted to let anyone know that I have developed a free toolbar to download as a Firefox or Internet Explorer add-on: http://qabiria.ourtoolbar.com This add-on gathers up in one place many search features, RSS feeds, useful tools and links, all of them especially selected for language professionals.

I know this may sound like an ad, but please consider that there is no multinational behind this project: it's only me and another colleague, also a Proz member. We would like to spread the news, because we thought that it was about time to have the tools we normally use when translating (and managing projects) gathered all together in one place. Obviously, we are more than happy to receive feedback about it and to modify it in order to make the bar fit the needs of the translators' community.

We are working under the name Qabiria, that's why the toolbar is called Qabiria's Toolbar for Translators. You can find further information about Qabiria's Toolbar on http://www.qabiria.com/index.php/en/risorse-mainmenu-29/toolbar.html , our website or you can directly download it from here: http://qabiria.ourtoolbar.com

Thanks a lot for your time and enjoy the toolbar!

Marco Cevoli

[Edited at 2009-02-25 19:12 GMT]
Collapse

pzchvpr
pzchvpr  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for your post, but... Feb 25, 2009

Hi Marco,

I am always interested in supporting fellow ProZ members in their technological endeavors. However, before I even went to your website, my Finjan SecureBrowsing program listed your website as potentially malicious.

Here is the message:
Finjan SecureBrowsing has analyzed the above web address as it currently exists on the web.

The analysis indicates that:
Potentially malicious behavior was detected on this page
Technical info
... See more
Hi Marco,

I am always interested in supporting fellow ProZ members in their technological endeavors. However, before I even went to your website, my Finjan SecureBrowsing program listed your website as potentially malicious.

Here is the message:
Finjan SecureBrowsing has analyzed the above web address as it currently exists on the web.

The analysis indicates that:
Potentially malicious behavior was detected on this page
Technical information:
-Code Obfuscation (Home-Encoding)

Until you get a green light from my security software (Firefox's NoScript is also screaming at your site) I can't visit your page and install the software.

You might want to take a look at this issue and please send a repost when it is resolved.
Thanks!
Charlotte

Note:
Finjan website: http://www.finjan.com
Collapse

Marco Cevoli
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
False positive Feb 25, 2009

Hi,

I suppose your software gave you an alert when entering http://qabiria.ourtoolbar.com . In this case, I can only forward you to http://www.truste.org/pvr.php?page=validate&softwareProgramId=101&sealid=112 where you will find more information about the secu
... See more
Hi,

I suppose your software gave you an alert when entering http://qabiria.ourtoolbar.com . In this case, I can only forward you to http://www.truste.org/pvr.php?page=validate&softwareProgramId=101&sealid=112 where you will find more information about the security of the toolbar.

On the other hand, if you receive the alert while surfing our home http://www.qabiria.com , I suppose that the script causing the alert is the Live Chat module, which is released by www.meebo.com , a more than trusted web-based instant messaging system which provide instant messaging and group chat to over 40 million people.

If you have a detailed report of the alert you receive, I will be glad to have a copy of it so I can pinpoint the exact problem. As far as I am concerned, it is a false positive.

Best regards

Marco Cevoli

[Edited at 2009-02-25 16:32 GMT]
Collapse

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:35
French to English
+ ...
Great tool, thanks! Feb 25, 2009

Hi Marco,
I just downloaded your toolbar. It's very nice. It has some great features, too.
I think your toolbar will be a superb tool.
If I could make a wish, or even two wishes, OK, three wishes, this is what they would be:

1. I would like to add my own frequently used sites.
2. I would like to be able to consolidate this toolbar with other toolbars, to save much needed screen space.
3. My dream come true would be to open several bookmarks at the
... See more
Hi Marco,
I just downloaded your toolbar. It's very nice. It has some great features, too.
I think your toolbar will be a superb tool.
If I could make a wish, or even two wishes, OK, three wishes, this is what they would be:

1. I would like to add my own frequently used sites.
2. I would like to be able to consolidate this toolbar with other toolbars, to save much needed screen space.
3. My dream come true would be to open several bookmarks at the same time for the same term.

In addition, I would move the Terminology menu from being a menu within a menu all the way down on the list, to being a separate toolbar button in its own right. That's what we want to access all the time and right away. This button should be customizable, and should enable clicking several items at the same time. If you can achieve that, I think you have won the battle. Everything else is cosmetics.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Sandra

[Edited at 2009-02-25 19:07 GMT]
Collapse

Lise Leavitt
Lise Leavitt  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
Danish to English
+ ...
Thanks a lot! Feb 25, 2009

Grazie mille Marco Looks great, I will explore it as soon as possible!

Said Bazry
Said Bazry  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 00:35
English to Indonesian
Great Tools Feb 25, 2009

Thanks a lot Marco,
This tool helps me save time searching translation-related things. I love it.

Sad Bazry

Nguyen Dieu
Nguyen Dieu  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 00:35
Member (2008)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Great tool Feb 26, 2009

I like your particular tool with many inside infor for proz community.

Marco Cevoli
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further improvements coming soon Feb 26, 2009

Thanks everybody for your comments and for downloading the bar.

We are working on the suggestions you have provided. Basically, we would like to implement a simple bookmarking system, so that all users can add their favorites sites to the toolbar. Odds are that eventually we will use some already existing system, like Google or Yahoo! bookmarks.

If you already have the toolbar, you don't have to worry about updating. The process is automatic. In a couple of weeks there
... See more
Thanks everybody for your comments and for downloading the bar.

We are working on the suggestions you have provided. Basically, we would like to implement a simple bookmarking system, so that all users can add their favorites sites to the toolbar. Odds are that eventually we will use some already existing system, like Google or Yahoo! bookmarks.

If you already have the toolbar, you don't have to worry about updating. The process is automatic. In a couple of weeks there will be some minor modifications, according to the needs of our users' base.

Regards

Marco Cevoli
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:35
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Unsuccessful Feb 26, 2009

I have tried to install and use the toolbar with Mozilla Firefox 3.1 beta2 / Windows XP SP2. Unfortunately, I have experienced a severe hang of FF and in a message about insufficient memory when I tried to terminate FF.

When I tried to uninstall the toolbar, I was suggested to answer a short questionnaire, but could not find an option to mention Firefox in experienced technical problem → System<
... See more
I have tried to install and use the toolbar with Mozilla Firefox 3.1 beta2 / Windows XP SP2. Unfortunately, I have experienced a severe hang of FF and in a message about insufficient memory when I tried to terminate FF.

When I tried to uninstall the toolbar, I was suggested to answer a short questionnaire, but could not find an option to mention Firefox in experienced technical problem → System.
Collapse

Marco Cevoli
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
possible incompatibility with other extensions Feb 26, 2009

Hi esperantisto,

the problem you experienced can occur for several reasons; you may have some other Firefox add-on/extension that is not compatible with our toolbar. Try disabling all the extensions one by one. If this doesn't work, you can send me (privately) the list of extensions installed on your Firefox and we'll try to help you. With previous versions of Firefox problems like yours were caused by the radio component. Try to disable it when installing the toolbar (I think there
... See more
Hi esperantisto,

the problem you experienced can occur for several reasons; you may have some other Firefox add-on/extension that is not compatible with our toolbar. Try disabling all the extensions one by one. If this doesn't work, you can send me (privately) the list of extensions installed on your Firefox and we'll try to help you. With previous versions of Firefox problems like yours were caused by the radio component. Try to disable it when installing the toolbar (I think there's an option there).

Hope it helps. If not, contact me in private (through Proz.com or my sites)

ciao

Marco
Collapse

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Nice! Feb 28, 2009

Thanks, Marco! I like the "Alerts" part.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New free toolbar (browser add-on) for translators

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »