Lingo 4.0 information or experience
Thread poster: Andrew Rennison

Andrew Rennison
Local time: 00:14
German to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

Hi one and all,

I've been tinkering with a test version of Lexicool's Lingo 4.0 and find it fairly useful although its function is largely covered by Wordfast.

I was just wondering if people have any working experience with the program, in particular with regard to speed of searches when a lot of glossaries and/or large glossaries are imported.
The test version only allows 200 entries with each glossary so I can't assess the search speed of some of my larger glossaries. And speed is of course the essence when it comes to searches.
Just out of interest - does anyone know if there is a limit as to the number of entries a glossary can have with this program?

Thanks for any information you can put my way.

Direct link Reply with quote
Sebastian Abbo
Local time: 00:14
French to English
Some technical details regarding Lingo 4.0 Terminology Management system Mar 4, 2009

Maximum number of entries per dictionary: no limit, but file size is limited to 2 gigabytes (2 gigabytes = approx. 10 million standard bilingual entries)

Maximum number of languages/categories per dictionary: 200

Maximum length of text in each dictionary entry: no limit

Search speed tests using one dictionary containing 100,000 entries:

Recent computer (Windows Vista, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz): 2.0 seconds
Older computer (Windows 2000, Intel Pentium III 800 mHz): 5.5 seconds

Don't hesitate to contact us via the online comments form if you need any other information.

Sebastian Abbo

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lingo 4.0 information or experience

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs