Sheltered Instruction in Spanish
Thread poster: Dr. Francisco Guerrero
Dr. Francisco Guerrero
Dr. Francisco Guerrero  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 27, 2009

1. In the US, one of the many methods of teaching is "sheltered Instruction." Not many other countries use it. I'd like to know how other cities, if preferrably in the US are using the term in Spanish.

2. While I have your attention. The same goes for "Word problems" in Math (Story problems for Kindergarten and 1st Grade). Spanish speaking countries do not have that mode; there's only "a math problem. 1. The school of language purists says: "Leave it like it is, just A PROBLEM". 2.
... See more
1. In the US, one of the many methods of teaching is "sheltered Instruction." Not many other countries use it. I'd like to know how other cities, if preferrably in the US are using the term in Spanish.

2. While I have your attention. The same goes for "Word problems" in Math (Story problems for Kindergarten and 1st Grade). Spanish speaking countries do not have that mode; there's only "a math problem. 1. The school of language purists says: "Leave it like it is, just A PROBLEM". 2. The school of evolution of the languages says: "change it to accommodate the new terms" specially when you have the target audience there with you."

Any volunteers?

Thank you,

Doctor G
Collapse

Marco Cevoli
Marco Cevoli  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:15
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Try to post these questions on the Kudoz Feb 28, 2009

Hi,

if I were you, I would post two separate questions on the Kudoz section of this site. It will give your questions more visibility. Just remember to add a bit of context for sake of clarity.

If you're not sure how to do this, please read this guidelines: http://www.proz.com/faq/terminology_term_help/kudoz.html

Regards

Marco Ce
... See more
Hi,

if I were you, I would post two separate questions on the Kudoz section of this site. It will give your questions more visibility. Just remember to add a bit of context for sake of clarity.

If you're not sure how to do this, please read this guidelines: http://www.proz.com/faq/terminology_term_help/kudoz.html

Regards

Marco Cevoli
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sheltered Instruction in Spanish

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »