Know any good writing courses?
Thread poster: Elizabeth Adams

Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:37
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 4, 2003

For several months now I've been thinking about taking a course in writing for marketing/business. Most of the translations I do are of marketing materials, and I'd like to learn a few tricks of the trade from the point of view of a writer.

Problem is, I am moving to Moscow for an indefinite period and will need to find a good college that offers quality courses over the internet. If anyone has had any good experiences with such a course (or if you know where to look for one), I'm all ears!

Direct link Reply with quote

Doru Voin  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:37
English to Romanian
+ ...
WritersWrite Aug 4, 2003

Hi Liz!

This is the site I used for info/learning at the beginning of my Tech Writer career. Take your time and surf it. On this particular page ( you will find several links to interesting articles related to writing.

Regards from Bucharest,

uFO  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 08:37
Korean to English
+ ...
have a look at this one Aug 5, 2003

There are distance education courses in creative writing at George Brown College in Toronto. They might be adding something in business writing too, so check it out.
I have not taken their distance courses, but I have been enrolled at an editing program there for about a year, which I find extremely useful and well-organized. As I understand, they have same instructors teaching continuing education and distance courses. if would like to get more info, you can write to me directly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Know any good writing courses?

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs