Livia Pacini (X)
Livia Pacini (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:44
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 15, 2009

Hello!
I'm translating solutions for Microsoft Office software from English into Italian. Does anyone have some kind of glossary that can help me with terms related to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Vision etc?
Thank you!
Livia

Rosa Freitag
Rosa Freitag  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:44
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Multilanguage Microsoft Terminology online Apr 15, 2009

http://www.microsoft.com/language/xx/xx/default.mspx

Enjoy!

Livia Pacini (X)
Livia Pacini (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft terms glossary Apr 15, 2009

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
L

Sushan Harshe
Sushan Harshe
India
Local time: 13:14
English to Hindi
+ ...
This will help you for everything! Apr 15, 2009

http://www.microsoft.com/language/en/us/search.mspx

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:44
Spanish
+ ...
I think this is a terrible idea! Apr 15, 2009

The Microsoft glossaries used to be available for download; so many of us used them as TMs or with whatever tool we preferred. Now, the new glossaries (they contain many of the new Microsoft products) are web-based only. I think there's an option to pay for some other kind of access, but I'm not sure.

This new format is really impractical. First of all, some days it gets really really slow. But also, having to search each term manually is extremely time-consuming and inaccurate som
... See more
The Microsoft glossaries used to be available for download; so many of us used them as TMs or with whatever tool we preferred. Now, the new glossaries (they contain many of the new Microsoft products) are web-based only. I think there's an option to pay for some other kind of access, but I'm not sure.

This new format is really impractical. First of all, some days it gets really really slow. But also, having to search each term manually is extremely time-consuming and inaccurate some times.
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:44
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
The same resource, but... Apr 15, 2009

... with a restricted access.

Rosa Freitag gave you the link to a free part of this resource. Have a look at it as it is.
You need to have an account.

[Редактировалось 2009-04-15 20:49 GMT]

GeoGenesis
GeoGenesis
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:44
English to Chinese
Not sure if I could post the link here Apr 18, 2009

PM me if you require it, it's a 30 day trial for evaluation. You may download Microsoft Glossary in any language within the 30-day period. The glossaries are in csv files after you unzip it.

[Edited at 2009-04-18 09:00 GMT]

Sven De Clercq
Sven De Clercq
Belgium
German to Dutch
+ ...
Other languages than English? Jan 26, 2010

Hello,

I was wondering, is it possible to select other languages than English?
For instance, I'd like to look up French terms and display the Dutch translation for them. Each time I select 'French' as a source language, the target language is changed to 'English'.

Could anybody help me out? Perhaps with the old Excel files that aren't available for download any more? I would be very grateful!

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Microsoft terms glossary Jan 26, 2010

eSDeC wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering, is it possible to select other languages than English?
For instance, I'd like to look up French terms and display the Dutch translation for them. Each time I select 'French' as a source language, the target language is changed to 'English'.

Could anybody help me out? Perhaps with the old Excel files that aren't available for download any more? I would be very grateful!

I am afraid all the old downloadable glossaries have english as source text and any other language as target.

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Microsoft terms glossary Jan 27, 2010

Livia Pacini wrote:

Hello!
I'm translating solutions for Microsoft Office software from English into Italian. Does anyone have some kind of glossary that can help me with terms related to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Vision etc?
Thank you!
Livia

Get the old EN > IT MS-Glossary here.

[Editado a las 2010-01-27 09:42 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft terms glossary

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »