Mobile menu

Distance learning and life-long learning
Thread poster: xxxeurotransl
xxxeurotransl
German to English
+ ...
Jun 29, 2001

One of the most important resources - perhaps, even the most important one - is \"lifelong learning\".

One particular \"hobby\" of mine has been to look into distance-learning or correspondence course offerings (due to our busy schedules and lives, distance learning is, frequently, the only real option we have to expand our horizons).

Recently, I enrolled at the University of London (UK) to continue my law school studies.

Unfortunately, there are many shady operations in this field - Monticello University is one of the more recent examples.

I was wondering if any ProZ members have had any experience with distance-learning institutions. To my knowledge, the University of London and Heriot-Watt University are the only reliable, and fully accredited and recognized, universities to offer such courses and degrees.

But maybe you know more. Note: I am only interested in non-linguistic programs, such as LLB, MBA, etc. (I do know about the NY correspondence program in translation), but if you have additional information on correspondence translation programs, feel free to share this information with ProZ as well.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-07-28 06:20 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

David Sirett
Local time: 15:51
French to English
+ ...
Don't forget the OU! Oct 10, 2001

Quote:

To my knowledge, the University of London and Heriot-Watt University are the only reliable, and fully accredited and recognized, universities to offer such courses and degrees.

Don\'t forget the Open University, which specializes in distance learning. Its courses are available in continental Western Europe as well as the UK, and it also has an offshoot offering some courses in the USA.

David

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Distance learning and life-long learning

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs