Where can I find a good sample in English of a contract/agreement between a musician ...
Thread poster: Robert INGLEDEW

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 18, 2003

and a recording Company?

This is the first time I am translating this subject, and I am literally "lost". I have translated many contracts, but none along this line. If I only had a model to help me, it would be wonderful.

I have already made a search in the Internet, but I have probably not used the right key words.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

Robert Ingledew

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Some links Aug 18, 2003

Robert INGLEDEW wrote:
I have already made a search in the Internet, but I have probably not used the right key words.
Robert Ingledew

Try a Google on "sample contracts recording artist" (without the quotes). There are some pages that look like they will give you the information you need, such as http://www.order-yours-now.com/samplerecordingcontract.htm and some of the links given at http://www.hi-arts.co.uk/hail_tip_sheets-contracts_and_agreements.htm.

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU SO MUCH, GOODWORDS Aug 18, 2003

I have already found a few sample contracts that are going to be very useful.

Thank you so much.

xxxTransflux
Local time: 18:58
French to English
+ ...
here are two Iinks Aug 18, 2003

Robert INGLEDEW wrote:

and a recording Company?

This is the first time I am translating this subject, and I am literally "lost". I have translated many contracts, but none along this line. If I only had a model to help me, it would be wonderful.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

Robert Ingledew

I have translated a couple of contracts. I think they vary a lot. Anyway here are two links I found:

www.legaljungleguide.com/resourc/musician/ contract/musicmanagers.htm
www.order-yours-now.com/samplerecordingcontract.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find a good sample in English of a contract/agreement between a musician ...

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs