Looking for Genesis site in Urdu.
Thread poster: Aisha Rishi

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 18:06
English to Urdu
+ ...
Sep 27, 2003

I am looking for a site where there is Urdu translation of Old Testament, Especially Genesis. I have found a few sites but they contain only Psalms in it, and I can't find Genesis. Or if anyone can tell me about it please. I am muslim myself so I might be wrong here. Are Psalms the same as the 5 books of Old Testament. Is Genesis the first book of Old Testament, and what are the names of the other 4 books.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:06
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Old Testament may not be completely translated Sep 27, 2003

Here is a link for Bible translation in Urdu, and other languages. The Old Testament may not be translated completely, at least not published. However, The Psalms and the New Testament are. There are 39 books in the Old Testament. The names are:

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
I Samuel
II Samuel
I Kings
II Kings
I Chronicles
II Chronicles
JEzra
Nehemiah
Esther
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Exekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

www.wbtc.com/articles/downloads/default.htm - 12k

I think that you might find what you are looking for if you continue searching in English for Bible translations, Old Testament translations and New Testament tranlslations, then you might find Urdu translations.

From what I understand on this website, the translations are underway and not completed yet.
www.wbtc.com/articles/how_to_help/prayer_partners/ 030922prayer_partn.html - 6k

[Edited at 2003-09-27 21:33]

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
been there Sep 27, 2003

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

Here is a link for Bible translation in Urdu, and other languages. The Old Testament may not be translated completely, at least not published. However, The Psalms and the New Testament are. There are 39 books in the Old Testament. The names are:

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
I Samuel
II Samuel
I Kings
II Kings
I Chronicles
II Chronicles
JEzra
Nehemiah
Esther
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Exekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

www.wbtc.com/articles/downloads/default.htm - 12k

I think that you might find what you are looking for if you continue searching in English for Bible translations, Old Testament translations and New Testament tranlslations, then you might find Urdu translations.

From what I understand on this website, the translations are underway and not completed yet.
www.wbtc.com/articles/how_to_help/prayer_partners/ 030922prayer_partn.html - 6k

[Edited at 2003-09-27 21:33]

There isnt Genesis on this site. There are only Psalms and the new testament. I need only 3 references from Genesis in Urdu.

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
The Rosetta Project Sep 28, 2003

Maybe this is what your looking for: http://www.rosettaproject.org/live/search/detailedlanguagerecord?ethnocode=URD

Regards,
Gerard

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
great site. Sep 28, 2003

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Maybe this is what your looking for: http://www.rosettaproject.org/live/search/detailedlanguagerecord?ethnocode=URD

Regards,
Gerard

But I still couldnt find the references I am looking for. I think its not translated yet. I need 17:8 and 22:17,18. If anyone has and Urdu Bible, ill be really delighted if you send me the text in my email, Pleeeeeeeeeease:)

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Another link that might help? Sep 28, 2003

Maybe this link will lead to a contact for the URdu language old testament translation. I hope you find what you're looking for.

http://www.intervarsity.org/ism/article_item.php?article_id=1058

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Genesis site in Urdu.

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums