Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 22:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 16, 2003

Dear Colleagues,
I have received the following message from an Iraqi student who is seeking your help.
I would be so grateful if you can lend a hand or email her ([email protected] )too since internet services in Iraq are miserable due to electricity failure and economic misery and she has no idea about proz, She just emailed me because I am internationally known as the General Coordinator of World Arabic Translators Association "under construction" and my email address is known world
... See more
Dear Colleagues,
I have received the following message from an Iraqi student who is seeking your help.
I would be so grateful if you can lend a hand or email her ([email protected] )too since internet services in Iraq are miserable due to electricity failure and economic misery and she has no idea about proz, She just emailed me because I am internationally known as the General Coordinator of World Arabic Translators Association "under construction" and my email address is known worldwide.
Many thanks to you all
Amer Al Azem
WATA General Coordinator
---------------------------------------------
Below is her message:

Dear sirs,
I am a student in translation department in Iraq. I have to write a paper on translation ethics: translator’s ethical commitments towards the SL, TL, TL readers and original author and the ethical problems during translating. I have to collect references in order to depend on in writing my paper but regrettably due to the recent events in Iraq many references and books were looted and burned. please I am asking for your help if you can send me any material, paper, article about translation ethics. my specialty field is English and Arabic languages: translation from Arabic into English and vise versa.
Your reply will be highly appreciated my email is [email protected]
Thank you for taking your time
Yours
Aveen

[Edited at 2003-10-16 10:59]
Collapse

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
This is the mail I sent her Oct 16, 2003

Hope it helps:
Dear Aveen,
The Coordinator WATA, vide his posting in the Proz.com has indicated that you require certain material for your paper on translation ethics. While I am not in a position to send you hard copies of the articles dealing with this subject, I suggest that you go to google (www.google.com) and type the term translation ethics in the search bar and click search. There are more than
... See more
Hope it helps:
Dear Aveen,
The Coordinator WATA, vide his posting in the Proz.com has indicated that you require certain material for your paper on translation ethics. While I am not in a position to send you hard copies of the articles dealing with this subject, I suggest that you go to google (www.google.com) and type the term translation ethics in the search bar and click search. There are more than 500,000 hits for this term and you can pick and choose from the same.
All the best,
N.Raghavan
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 22:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Narasimhan Oct 16, 2003

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:

Hope it helps:
Dear Aveen,
The Coordinator WATA, vide his posting in the Proz.com has indicated that you require certain material for your paper on translation ethics. While I am not in a position to send you hard copies of the articles dealing with this subject, I suggest that you go to google (www.google.com) and type the term translation ethics in the search bar and click search. There are more than 500,000 hits for this term and you can pick and choose from the same.
All the best,
N.Raghavan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Ethics

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »