Wanted: Colours' glossary
Thread poster: smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:22
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 27, 2003

Does anybody know a colours glossary? I remember, I read a note about this some time ago, but I don't know where. Terms related colours, in many languages (EN,DE,IT)

Direct link Reply with quote
J. Leo
Dutch to English
+ ...
English German Oct 27, 2003

Here's one that may give you a start.

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Color Names in - English - Czech - Hungarian - French - German - Spanish Oct 27, 2003

Although not exhaustive, you might find it helpful.

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 05:22
German to English
Color Names in - English - Czech - Hungarian - French - German - Spanish Oct 27, 2003

This is a colors glossary that appeared in Proz some time ago. It doesn't seem to have Italian but it does have German and English.

Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
RAL color lists Oct 27, 2003

See links:

Also some other lists (in French):

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Maybe this can be helpful Oct 27, 2003

I have this in a text file (44K only, English only). If you need it, send me a mail.

The Association of Professional Color Imagers (APCI) in cooperation with the lab whose name appears on the back cover has prepared this glossary as a communication aid between the professional lab and its customer. Using this glossary will allow customers to communicate with the lab using the same terms which are used by lab personnel.
Member labs of APCI are made up of commercial labs (labs that process for industry, ad agencies, architects, etc.) and people labs (labs that process wedding photos, portraits, school packages, etc.). The terms in this glossary are used by both groups; however, each lab may have terms that may apply only to their own facility.
Most problems, creating undesirable situations, are usually traced back to someone in the lab not understanding the customer's requirements. We strongly suggest that you and your personnel familiarize yourselves with these terms to help reduce many of the communication problems that have existed in the past.
This is another of many programs undertaken by APCI and its member labs to enhance its working relationship with you, the professional.
Should you have any comments, please write to:
Project Coordinator
Association of Professional Color Imagers
3000 Picture Place
Jackson, MI 49201 USA
Phone: (517) 788-8146
Fax: (517) 788-8371
PMA homepage -

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wanted: Colours' glossary

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs