mbc
mbc
Spain
Local time: 13:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2003

Hi Everyone,
First off I´m not sure where to post this so if anyone wants to move my post, feel free. I thought of making it a Kudoz question but decided a forum would be more appropriate.
I am rush translating a series a short articles from Catalan and Spanish to English, the series starts with this quote:
“Els mercats són guerres resoltes en forma pacìfica; les guerres són el resultat de transaccions desafortunades” (Claude Lèvi-Strauss: Les estructures elementals d
... See more
Hi Everyone,
First off I´m not sure where to post this so if anyone wants to move my post, feel free. I thought of making it a Kudoz question but decided a forum would be more appropriate.
I am rush translating a series a short articles from Catalan and Spanish to English, the series starts with this quote:
“Els mercats són guerres resoltes en forma pacìfica; les guerres són el resultat de transaccions desafortunades” (Claude Lèvi-Strauss: Les estructures elementals dels parentiu).

I don´t want to translate the quote into English and have it be different than the official translation. However, I am having trouble finding the English version here in Barcelona, if anyone has it and could just quote me the above phrase I would really appreciate it. Or if you know where I might find it online. I must send this off Wednesday...

Many, many thanks,
Madeline.
Collapse

Guy Bray
Guy Bray  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:43
French to English
Try Amazon Dec 1, 2003

Amazon now has all its books online. Look at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0807046698/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-8077514-2560059#reader-link

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
A link Dec 1, 2003

Hi Madeline,

with a bit of guesswork I found this link - maybe it will be verifiable or at least give you a little more to go on.

[PDF] Gift and Commodity
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
... and gift exchanges - “Exchanges are peacefully resolved wars (or feuds) and
wars are the result of unsuccessful t
... See more
Hi Madeline,

with a bit of guesswork I found this link - maybe it will be verifiable or at least give you a little more to go on.

[PDF] Gift and Commodity
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
... and gift exchanges - “Exchanges are peacefully resolved wars (or feuds) and
wars are the result of unsuccessful transactions” (Levi-Strauss on the ...
www.anth.mq.edu.au/ug/150/lecture10-1.pdf

All the best, Deborah
Collapse

mbc
mbc
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to you both Dec 1, 2003

Thanks to both of you. Deborah, this great, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need a quote from Claude Lévi-Strauss: The Elementary Structures of Kinship

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »