Problem with Collins online (www.wordreference.com) HELP!
Thread poster: María Teresa Taylor Oliver

María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 03:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 10, 2003

Does anyone know what happened to the Collins dictionaries over at www.wordreference.com?

The homepage seems to be working fine, but when I try to look up a word by filling in the blank fields and hitting the GO button, it redirects me to Yahoo!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks!

P.S.: I also need an alternate website, i.e. a very good EnglishSpanish dictionary (I swear by Collins, so I'm going crazy without it!). Help!

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
Collins OK, try Vox Dec 10, 2003

It's working for me, so it must be something with your system. When Collins doesn't work for me, I go to Vox.

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:59
English to German
+ ...
Works fine Dec 10, 2003

I've just tried it twice and it worked fine. No redirection to Yahoo or something.

Regards,

Sonja

P.S.
You can try www.foreignword.com or use the Proz.com Internet search (from the menu choose KudoZ->Internet search). They too offer a search in wordreference.

mrippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:59
English to Italian
Maybe they are more qualified to solve your technical problems with their site Dec 10, 2003

Maria Teresa Taylor Oliver wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to the Collins dictionaries over at www.wordreference.com?

The homepage seems to be working fine, but when I try to look up a word by filling in the blank fields and hitting the GO button, it redirects me to Yahoo!

Just submit your problem at question@WordReference.com
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Collins online (www.wordreference.com) HELP!

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums