Mobile menu

Looking for Italian>English IT glossaries/dictionaries
Thread poster: Marc Selway
Marc Selway  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:35
German to English
Dec 24, 2003

Hi everybody,

There seem to be plenty of ENG>IT glossaries around but very few IT>ENG - in fact I've found none so far. Can anyone help? Also, does anyone have any idea how to get hold of the elusive Microsoft IT>ENG glossary?

Thanks in advance.
Marc

Direct link Reply with quote

peixe
Local time: 11:35
Member (2005)
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
F.DE FRANCHIS,Dizionario giuridico (italiano-inglese), Edit. Giuffrè, Milano 1996. Dec 25, 2003

E un eccelente dizionario con 1467 pagine, ma solo per il Diritto. Come generale mi sembra abbastanza buono quello di Oxford. Per Economia può servire il Ragazzini e Gagliardelli (Ed. Mursia). Siccomo praticamente non lavoro in temi tecnici solo conosco quelli di italiano-spagnolo, spagnolo-italiano. BUON NATALE.

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Emergency solution: revert 'em! Dec 25, 2003

I understand you'd be in need of Information Technology Ita>Eng glossaries, is that correct?

As an emergency solution, I'll reverse Eng>Ita glossaries (MS gloss included) using the relevant functions in Wordfast (http://www.wordfast.net). The trial (i.e. free) version gives you full functionalities in terminology management.

You could even reverse glossaries manually, converting them in txt or csv file and moving columns around in Excell, Access or even in Word.

It could be time consuming but not hard at all. It may be worth...

Let me know if you need further instructions on specific files.
Best luck

Marc Selway wrote:

Hi everybody,

There seem to be plenty of ENG>IT glossaries around but very few IT>ENG - in fact I've found none so far. Can anyone help? Also, does anyone have any idea how to get hold of the elusive Microsoft IT>ENG glossary?

Thanks in advance.
Marc

Marc Selway  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:35
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 27, 2003

Thanks, Peixe, for your suggestions regarding the best dictionaries to buy. Thanks, also, Muja, for your excellent suggestion regarding reversing Eng>It glossaries! It worked a treat.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Italian>English IT glossaries/dictionaries

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs