Good resource: Ger-Eng Music Dictionary
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:50
German to English
Jan 22, 2004

Just discovered this fine glossary of musical terms. German to English and English to German.

http://dict.caseymongoven.com/eg.htm

Kevin Schlottmann
Kevin Schlottmann  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:50
German to English
But be careful... Jan 22, 2004

Kim Metzger wrote:

Just discovered this fine glossary of musical terms. German to English and English to German.

http://dict.caseymongoven.com/eg.htm[/quote]

Some good things, but I think "Blues-Harfe" for blues harp is probably wrong, as it is probably "Blues Mundharmonika" or simply "Blues Harp" in German. I think.

Although the rest looks pretty good, and fairly comprehensive.

Thanks.

Robschmidt (X)
Robschmidt (X)
English to German
+ ...
GER-ENG-GER dictionaries Jan 22, 2004

I am not in a position to respond to Kim's query but I would want to ask about dictionaries on MEDIZIN and CHEMIE available on CDs.

I have a choice to make but I would like to purchase a comprehensive one. AS regards the medical dictionries, the one by NÖhring is understood to be good, I donno!

Is the Dictionary on CHEMIE by the Technical University in Dresden? Wenske is rather toooooo Expensive (EUR 419 ???)

Please let me have some recommendations ! ! ! !

Casey Mongoven
Casey Mongoven
English to German
+ ...
Blues Harfe Jan 28, 2004

I took a descriptive approach when compiling this dictionary. And since the term "Blues Harfe", funny as it may sound, is found on a Website of a German university I included it. Blues Harp is not only an instrument but also a style.

Thanks for all your input though, let me know if something else looks wrong. No dictionary can be perfect.

-Casey

Casey Mongoven
Casey Mongoven
English to German
+ ...
Blues Harfe Jan 28, 2004

Kevin Schlottmann wrote:

Kim Metzger wrote:

Some good things, but I think "Blues-Harfe" for blues harp is probably wrong, as it is probably "Blues Mundharmonika" or simply "Blues Harp" in German. I think.

Thanks.

[/quote]

A descriptive approach was taken in the compilation of my dictionary. The word Blues Harfe, as funny as it may sound, appears on the website of a German university and was included for that reason.

Thanks for all your input, tell me if anything else looks wrong. I was very careful in translation but one makes mistakes when compiling a dictionary with over 2000 words! Thanks to you to Kim, for mentioning my resource here.

-Casey

Casey Mongoven
Casey Mongoven
English to German
+ ...
Blues Harfe Jan 28, 2004

Kevin Schlottmann wrote:

Kim Metzger wrote:

Thanks.

[/quote]

The dictionary was compiled with a prescriptive method. I found the word "Blues Harfe" on the website of a German university and included it because of this.

Thanks for all your input, let me know if anything else looks wrong. Thank you too Kim for linking my site here.

Casey

Casey Mongoven
Casey Mongoven
English to German
+ ...
oh. Feb 4, 2004

Why doesnt it look like it posts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good resource: Ger-Eng Music Dictionary

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »