https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/17676-a_ger_eng_dictionary_on_foreign_exchange.html

A GER-ENG dictionary on Foreign Exchange??
Thread poster: Robschmidt (X)
Robschmidt (X)
Robschmidt (X)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 24, 2004

Has anyone used a comprehensive dictionary related to FOREX transactions and regulations?
Can some colleagues working in this line recommend some good ones, on CD of course!

Thanks
Rob

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:12
English to German
+ ...
Don't think so... Jan 24, 2004

Hi Rob,
Having traded foreign exchange (spot, forward and options) myself for a number of years, I have yet to see any dictionary or glossary that would reasonably capture the language of financial markets - whether we're talking about FX, swaps, derivatives, etc.

To do some research, why don't you take a look at the websites of ACI (Association Cambiste Internationale - the global as
... See more
Hi Rob,
Having traded foreign exchange (spot, forward and options) myself for a number of years, I have yet to see any dictionary or glossary that would reasonably capture the language of financial markets - whether we're talking about FX, swaps, derivatives, etc.

To do some research, why don't you take a look at the websites of ACI (Association Cambiste Internationale - the global association of FX traders). ISDA, the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, might also have some additional info.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
financial terminology Jan 25, 2004

I have found a lot of English - English dicts. on the net, but this is a Swiss one with terms in German and English (Fr,It as well).
http://tradition.axone.ch/

matias
matias  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
Very nice dictionary Jan 25, 2004

Wow, where did you find it? It is a very good reference!

Glyn Haggett
Glyn Haggett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:12
German to English
Zahn Jan 26, 2004

I find the Zahn "Woerterbuch fuer das Bank- und Boersenwesen" dictionary very useful for general financial terminology and it does include some foreign exchange terms.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A GER-ENG dictionary on Foreign Exchange??

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »