Mobile menu

Chinese comprehensive general dictionary
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:13
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2002

I am looking for a good Chinese to English dictionary that will show both the Chinese characters and their transliteration in the \"head\" words. Most that I have found only have one or the other, which is not quite satisfactory. It should also have a good look-up scheme based on either stroke number or some other pragmatic device. Any suggestions as to title and author, and where in the US it may be purchased.

Direct link Reply with quote

jinshi
Local time: 06:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
CH<=>English Dictionary Mar 26, 2002

I strongly recommend you to buy \"Kingsoft 2000\" CIBA, which I have found extremely helpful.

It is an electronic dictionary. You can type in the blank field the word(s) (either Chinese or English), then press \'enter\',often you will have a number of resu7lts. The explanations are clarrified according to disciplines.

You may browse online for the dite of http://ciba.kingsoft.net for details.

Hope this can help.

Jinshi

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese comprehensive general dictionary

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs