Do the EN>DE MS Glossaries contain Powerpoint?
Thread poster: Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:36
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

Hi,

I've been working with the Microsoft glossaries, translating various MS Office documents from English to German.

Now it comes to Powerpoint and I find out that the downloadable zip file doesn't contain any Powerpoint entries.

Did I download an old or unfinished version? If possible, can somebody please send me the Powerpoint part or give me a link to download it? I wouldn't like to download the whole MS glossary again.

Thank you!

[E
... See more
Hi,

I've been working with the Microsoft glossaries, translating various MS Office documents from English to German.

Now it comes to Powerpoint and I find out that the downloadable zip file doesn't contain any Powerpoint entries.

Did I download an old or unfinished version? If possible, can somebody please send me the Powerpoint part or give me a link to download it? I wouldn't like to download the whole MS glossary again.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2004-03-20 08:50]
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
PPT MS Glossary Mar 20, 2004

I will send the glossary if you let me know your e-mail address because I cannot attach a file via the Proz page

regards

Jill

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 20, 2004

Thanks for the fast replies, Stefan and Jill. I have received the glossaries.

You are great!!

Cheers,
Stefanie

PS: Should anybody in future require any of the MS glossaries, don't hesitate to contact me. I can send them to you.

... See more
Thanks for the fast replies, Stefan and Jill. I have received the glossaries.

You are great!!

Cheers,
Stefanie

PS: Should anybody in future require any of the MS glossaries, don't hesitate to contact me. I can send them to you.

Here's the link for the download: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary

[Edited at 2004-03-20 13:46]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
MS_Glossaries_PPT Mar 20, 2004

sundari wrote:

Hi,

Thank you!

[Edited at 2004-03-20 08:50]
Hi! I have also had the same question. But no, since there is no neccessity, what you do is, you load the MS_Glossaries into your TM say Trados and work with the Tageditor. That is the working possibility.

Regards,
Bandi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do the EN>DE MS Glossaries contain Powerpoint?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »