Mobile menu

The Google toolbar.
Thread poster: xxxJon Zuber
xxxJon Zuber
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2002

Google has developed a toolbar that plugs into Internet Explorer and allows users to run Google searches without going to their homepage. It requires Windows, so I can\'t vouch for it, but it sounds as though it might be very handy.

See toolbar.google.com/

Direct link Reply with quote

Gabi
Local time: 07:28
German to Spanish
+ ...
Es muy práctico Mar 28, 2002

Lo utilizo hace un tiempo, es muy práctico y aconsejable.

Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is very useful Mar 28, 2002

I have been using the Google toolbar ever since it was first available, a few months ago, and I have found it very handy. If you have the Toolbar you don\'t have to go to www.google.com: you just enter your query in the toolbar window and press Enter.

I just cannot vouch for a feature that measures the \"popularity\" of sites (I don\'t remember its name). There were apparently privacy concerns regarding it, and I preferred not to install it.

Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Google Toolbar Mar 30, 2002

As any Googlephile knows, the Google toolbar saves a a lot of time. I just wish they also had a link to news.google.com on the dropdown menu.

Sometimes I think I should tattoo a sailor\'s heart with Google written on it.

Cheers

ME

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Google toolbar.

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs