Mobile menu

University of Toronto - online professional translation courses
Thread poster: Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 04:44
German to English
+ ...
Apr 2, 2002

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-08 17:20 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:44
English to Greek
+ ...
online courses Apr 2, 2002

Great idea Werner but too expensive for me!

lcmolinari  Identity Verified
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Anyone tried them? Apr 2, 2002

I have seen these courses before and was interested perhaps in taking one, but to me they seem to be for professionals in other areas who perhaps need to translate for their job, but not as a profession (ie. for people who work for multinational companies perhaps so they can translate internal reports, letters, etc).

Has anyone taken any of these courses who can confirm or refute my thoughts?
[addsig]

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Getting a taste ... Apr 3, 2002

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-08 17:21 ]

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:44
English to Spanish
I have been toying with the idea... Apr 3, 2002

of taking an online course to have some sort of credentials (you see, here we have only one state university which issues a sworn or public degree after two years of law school -ack-), but the NYU courses seemed a little steep and I think the City University requiered me to travel to Bs. As. to take their finals... Please, please please tell me of your experience with this university; on their site it seemed like a very interesting offer indeed!

Thank you in advance,

Rossana

p.d. Oh, I forgot to mention the other great choice I have in my country regarding studies; pay a whole year to have a legal translator to train you to take the incredibly challenging proficiency translation paper...

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:44
English to Spanish
I have been toying with the idea... Apr 3, 2002

of taking an online course to have some sort of credentials (you see, here we have only one state university which issues a sworn or public degree on translation after two years of law school -ack-), but the NYU courses seemed a little steep and I think the City University required me to travel to Bs. As. to take their finals... Please, please please tell me of your experience with this university; on their site it seemed like a very interesting offer indeed!

Thank you in advance,

Rossana

p.d. Oh, I forgot to mention the other great choice I have in my country regarding studies; pay a whole year to have a legal translator train you to take the incredibly challenging proficiency translation paper...

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:44
English to German
+ ...
Thank you, good tip Apr 3, 2002

I also registered for German. You see, Werner, I am trying to improve myself and am ready to invest.

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good for you! Apr 3, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-03 07:08, S. Pollex wrote:

I also registered for German. You see, Werner, I am trying to improve myself and am ready to invest.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

University of Toronto - online professional translation courses

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs