Recent GlossPost update? Apparently not ...
Thread poster: Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:17
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
May 5, 2004

Hi all,

Please have a look at the GlossPost page http://www.proz.com/?sp=glosspost (newest URLs) - it's been standing there for ages, without any recent update of entries.

I, for one, remember having submitted two entries at least one or two weeks ago, which never made it onto the "newest URLs" list. Maria Eugenia, are you listening?

MTIA for shedding some light o
... See more
Hi all,

Please have a look at the GlossPost page http://www.proz.com/?sp=glosspost (newest URLs) - it's been standing there for ages, without any recent update of entries.

I, for one, remember having submitted two entries at least one or two weeks ago, which never made it onto the "newest URLs" list. Maria Eugenia, are you listening?

MTIA for shedding some light on this,

Steffen
Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:17
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Glosspost updates May 5, 2004

Steffen,

Recently I haven't had the time to approve the postings. I apologize about that. All glossaries posted are stored and later approved. So you don't have to worry if the glossary you have just posted seems to have vanished, eventually it will show up unless it brings obviously repeated content or is considered outside the scope of GlossPost.

I have already informed the powers-that-be that extra hands are needed to vet the glossaries. I am waiting for a reply.... See more
Steffen,

Recently I haven't had the time to approve the postings. I apologize about that. All glossaries posted are stored and later approved. So you don't have to worry if the glossary you have just posted seems to have vanished, eventually it will show up unless it brings obviously repeated content or is considered outside the scope of GlossPost.

I have already informed the powers-that-be that extra hands are needed to vet the glossaries. I am waiting for a reply.

The current backlog is about 50-70 entries and I will try to get it cleared by the end of this week.

ME

Steffen Walter wrote:

Hi all,

MTIA for shedding some light on this,

Steffen

[Edited at 2004-05-05 17:49]
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:17
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for clarifying... May 5, 2004

... and if you need a helping hand for gloss vetting, you can count me in.

Steffen

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:17
English to Portuguese
+ ...
thanks May 5, 2004

Steffen Walter wrote:

... and if you need a helping hand for gloss vetting, you can count me in.

Steffen

Thanks for the offer Steffen. One last note: when I edit old entries from the GP list in the database they show up on the New URLs page, putting the newer entries behind them. That may be the reason why the URLs you posted were not located.

ME

[Edited at 2004-05-09 01:26]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recent GlossPost update? Apparently not ...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »