Mobile menu

Italian English dictionaries on CD/DVD Rom
Thread poster: Alexander Chisholm

Alexander Chisholm  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:25
Italian to English
+ ...
May 11, 2004

My copy of my most used Italian/English general dictionary (Zanichelli) is starting to look the worse for wear.

I could also do with buying new versions of my most used (borrowed from a friend) technical dictionary (Hoepli).

I was wondering if, in this day and age, versions of the above dictionaries are available on CD/DVD rom and if anyone has used them.

I have used some CD rom based disctionaries, and whilst they waren't from any of the more reputable editors, they were pretty useless.

I'm looking for a dictionary I can search with various wildcards and pref. also part words etc. and still be able to get the same quality of info I would get by lookign the word up in a paper dictionary.

If you've tried a resource such as this i would definitely appreciate your thoughts on using them. Better still if you can give me the full ref. of the version you have used.

Many thanks.

Sandy Chisholm

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian English dictionaries on CD/DVD Rom

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs