Tool for initiating memorized words as you type
Thread poster: Hepburn

Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:10
English to French
+ ...
Jun 12, 2004

It's a long time since I have been able to take part in forum exchanges. But here I am with a desperate request for a little tool, whose link was given in one of these posts about a year ago. It is very light to download and allows prompts to follow our text and complete the words. I lost it after some drama on my PC and now I miss it very much. It builds up a memory of everything we type (including passwords - to be deleted.
I hope someone has got its name. Thanking you,
Claudette

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
LetMeType Jun 12, 2004

German:
http://www.clasohm.com/lmt/de
English:
http://www.clasohm.com/lmt/en

I am using this one, it seems to be as good as the other ones.

[Edited at 2004-06-12 10:57]

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Was it one of these? Jun 12, 2004

http://www.twistedinternet.com/archive-files/Keystroke%20Recording%20Utilities/

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let me type Jun 12, 2004

[http://www.clasohm.com/lmt/en

I am using this one, it seems to be as good as the other ones.
This is the one! Many thanks for prompt reply.
Claudette , very happy.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tool for initiating memorized words as you type Jun 12, 2004

rzawadzk wrote:

http://www.twistedinternet.com/archive-files/Keystroke%20Recording%20Utilities/[/quote]

Many thanks for this new address. I have used Let me type, so for the moment I'll stick to it, but will keep your link for future browing.
Claudette

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 08:10
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Intellicomplete Jun 12, 2004

Hi,

I use IntelliComplete and like it very much. I am sorry that I don't have the web site to download it from. It costs $50 after a trial period.

Good luck,
Patricia

Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
French to English
Intellicomplete address Jun 12, 2004

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc. wrote:

Hi,

I use IntelliComplete and like it very much. I am sorry that I don't have the web site to download it from. It costs $50 after a trial period.

Good luck,
Patricia

The address of Intellicomplete - IMO by far and away the best of the lot - is www.flashpeak.com

Best regards

Barnaby

Mexico
English to German
+ ...
CAT fight Jun 12, 2004

Barnaby Capel-Dunn wrote:
...Intellicomplete - IMO by far and away the best of the lot - ...
Maybe we need a CAT (Computer Aided Typing) fight to compare those tools. 8)

I did not use Intellicomplete yet, but according to the description it seems to cost 50$ only for some additional marginal functionalities, compared to the (free) LetMeType.

Any ideas why it could be worth 50 bucks?

French to English
Why Intellicomplete is better Jun 13, 2004

Harry_B wrote:

Barnaby Capel-Dunn wrote:
...Intellicomplete - IMO by far and away the best of the lot - ...
Maybe we need a CAT (Computer Aided Typing) fight to compare those tools. 8)

I did not use Intellicomplete yet, but according to the description it seems to cost 50$ only for some additional marginal functionalities, compared to the (free) LetMeType.

Any ideas why it could be worth 50 bucks?

Harry,

Without getting into lengthy explanations - you can always put Intellicomplete through its paces free for 1 month - the clinchers for me are that a) you can get it to learn and display whole phrases (or pages!)and b) you can exercise total control over it. It is true that these are just two of a whole series of features which may or may not be of interest to you.
I have every respect for LetMeType as a clever freeware application but there really is no comparison. $50 is a lot to fork out, I know, but it's money well spent.

Regards

Barnaby

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Be careful about keyloggers Jun 13, 2004

Be careful, these programs are something completely different. They just secretly record every key a user presses into a log. You can then analyze the log to discover the user's logins, passwords, credit card numbers, etc. The domain (twistedinternet) speaks for itself.

[Edited at 2004-06-13 07:53]

Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Be very careful with twistedinternet Jun 13, 2004

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Be careful, these programs are something completely different. They just secretly record every key a user presses into a log. You can then analyze the log to discover the user's logins, passwords, credit card numbers, etc. The domain (twistedinternet) speaks for itself.

[Edited at 2004-06-13 07:53]

Good hint

One of those programs (32bit Version of KeyLog for Windows) contains a Trojan about which Symantec says:
Trojan.Logger attempts to log your keystrokes into a file that it creates. Some variants of this Trojan send the log file to the hacker using email, for example. This Trojan can steal confidential messages that you type, or even your user name and password.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Intellitype and Let me type Jun 13, 2004

I am not out of the wood yet! I tried Let me type (whichI had used before) but it won't do anything for me on my wordfast text.
It just does not comeinto action when I translate.Should I copy the text in the Let me type page?

Then I downoaded Intellitype and it does work on my wordfast translation, but the suggested words just come up likea flash: no time to read or select.

Any idea why these things happen?

Thanking you all again,
Claudette

French to English
More about Intellicomplete Jun 13, 2004

Dear Claudette,

I have been using Intellicomplete for several years and have never heard of it NOT working with any application (except curiously enough OpenOffice). You mention Wordfast: perhaps the first thing to do is to check to see if it it works in another application, e.g. your e-mail program, Excel, Access, Word, etc.
Incidentally, I know this is not the problem you raise, but remeber to disable the auto learn features (Auto Learn Word and Auto Learn Phrase Word in the Options/Learn menu). Although this is very clever, YOU want to select the words/phrases to remember, not the computer. To select the word/phrase to remember: as soon as you have typed it out, press the hot key for Quick Add Word/Phrase/Shorthand (I can't remember what the default is but I use the F4 function key). This brings up a window with the possibilities to choose from. For example, if you have just typed in the phrase - look forward to seeing you - Intellicomplete will give you a choice between "you", "seeing you", "to seeing you" forward to seeing you" and "look forward to seeing you". Choose whichever you want and confirm.
Please get back to me if you continue to have problems.

Regards
Barnaby

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool for initiating memorized words as you type

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs