Mobile menu

Where to find language-learning website?
Thread poster: Larisa Migachyov
Larisa Migachyov
United States
Local time: 00:22
Russian to English
Jun 20, 2004

Long ago, I came across a website with free online instruction in all sorts of different languages. The way they did it was by offering a text in the target language, and initially translating and explaining every word in it, then only every other word, then less frequently, and so on. I quite enjoyed it, but now I can't find it again; does this sound familiar to anyone? Can someone help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Khonina  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 10:22
Russian to English
+ ...
Ilya Frank's website Jun 22, 2004

Could it be Ilya Frank's website? His method is similar to what you describe. His website has moved to http://www.franklang.ru/

The website is in Russian. Just scroll down until you find "Îñâîåíèå ÿçûêîâ" in the left column. Click the language you want. You can download texts with translations and explanations by clicking on "Books and texts in (language)".

Hope this helps.

Larisa Migachyov
United States
Local time: 00:22
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you thank you thank you! Jun 22, 2004

Yes, that's exactly it. Funny - I couldn't even remember that the site was in Russian. Just remembered that it was really good.

Thank you so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where to find language-learning website?

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs