Oxford Superlex: interface with Word and use in Mac
Thread poster: Wordlab TLS

Wordlab TLS  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2004

I am a potential user of Mac and I would like to know f there are any translators using Oxford Superlex (3 in 1) in Mac. I have seen the specs. of the CD-ROM and it seems that it can run under Mac.

I have had Superlex for about 8 years now. I haven't been able to use the interface with Word. I currently use Word 2002.

I would also like to know if anyone has experience using Superlex from Word 2002 or later.

Thanks a million for your help
A HUGE fan of Oxford Superlex 3-in-1!

Diana

Direct link Reply with quote

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
it works fine on a Mac Jul 22, 2004

I used it a for a long time on a Mac under OS 8.x (with the Oxford/Duden G-E dictionary); it worked fine. However, I never used it together with Word (I didn't realise it could be used together with Word...). If you do a full install, you can use it without having to have the CD-ROM in the machine (but you must leave it where it gets installed).

Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Oxford Superlex Jul 22, 2004

I also use it on a Mac - with OS 9.1 - and it works perfectly. Like Kenneth, I wasn't aware it could be used with Word. Maybe only on a PC?? Is that possible? It doesn't really matter if it's not, I am already very happy with the Superlex the way it is:-)

Sheila

[Edited at 2004-07-22 09:38]

Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Jul 22, 2004

[Edited at 2004-07-22 09:38]

aviloria  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Older versions of Word Jul 22, 2004

I\'m afraid you can only use it with Word 6 or Word 95. I could install it with Word 95 ages ago, but it was kind of useless.

greetings

Alberto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oxford Superlex: interface with Word and use in Mac

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs