Trados or translation software on Apple/Mac ?
Thread poster: Annike THIERRY
Annike THIERRY
Annike THIERRY  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:18
Member (2003)
English to French
Apr 20, 2002

As a (relatively) recently established translator, I am looking for good translation software tools. I know Trados seems the best, only it doesn\'t seem to work on Apple/Mac, which happens to be the environment I use. Does any such software exist on Apple Mac or do I have to turn to PC and Windows ? If anyone has a hint or any advice, it would be most welcome !
[addsig]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:18
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Wordfast does work with MAC Apr 22, 2002

or this is at least what they tell about.

I do not use MAC, but I have Wordfast here. It is similar to TRADOS and it is free.

You can download a copy from:

http://www.champollion.net

There is a page telling Wordfast will work with MAC.

I mean it must, because it is a template for Word an not a stand-alone application. And as Word works easily with MAC, Wordfast should too, so
... See more
or this is at least what they tell about.

I do not use MAC, but I have Wordfast here. It is similar to TRADOS and it is free.

You can download a copy from:

http://www.champollion.net

There is a page telling Wordfast will work with MAC.

I mean it must, because it is a template for Word an not a stand-alone application. And as Word works easily with MAC, Wordfast should too, so try it!

Regards

J. Czopik

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-22 21:26 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados or translation software on Apple/Mac ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »