Mobile menu

Trados or translation software on Apple/Mac ?
Thread poster: Annike THIERRY

Annike THIERRY  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:26
Member (2003)
English to French
Apr 20, 2002

As a (relatively) recently established translator, I am looking for good translation software tools. I know Trados seems the best, only it doesn\'t seem to work on Apple/Mac, which happens to be the environment I use. Does any such software exist on Apple Mac or do I have to turn to PC and Windows ? If anyone has a hint or any advice, it would be most welcome !
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Wordfast does work with MAC Apr 22, 2002

or this is at least what they tell about.

I do not use MAC, but I have Wordfast here. It is similar to TRADOS and it is free.

You can download a copy from:

http://www.champollion.net

There is a page telling Wordfast will work with MAC.

I mean it must, because it is a template for Word an not a stand-alone application. And as Word works easily with MAC, Wordfast should too, so try it!

Regards

J. Czopik

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-22 21:26 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados or translation software on Apple/Mac ?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs