Translating Military Naval terms - Spanish-English
Thread poster: Marie P.
Marie P.
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2004

Would appreciate recommendations for translation resources for military and/or naval terms from Spanish to English. Mexican navy preferrable but any Spanish monolingual or Spanish English language resource is very welcome.

Translation resources or spanish monoligual descriptive resources i.e. What exactly is a cruiser or frigate? Descriptions for the non-mariner.... in Spanish

Direct link Reply with quote

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:00
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Diccionario Maritimo Aug 12, 2004

Marie P. wrote:

Would appreciate recommendations for translation resources for military and/or naval terms from Spanish to English. Mexican navy preferrable but any Spanish monolingual or Spanish English language resource is very welcome.

Translation resources or spanish monoligual descriptive resources i.e. What exactly is a cruiser or frigate? Descriptions for the non-mariner.... in Spanish

You need the DICCIONARIO MARITIMO, by Julian Amich. I have it, and it has descriptions, definitions and history (in Spanish) of every type of ship and combatant, Spanish-English.

[Edited at 2004-08-12 23:50]

Marie P.
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 13, 2004

Thank you ER. I thought I'd hear from you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Military Naval terms - Spanish-English

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs