Mobile menu

For scientific research and FREE:
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:26
Czech to German
+ ...
Aug 28, 2004

This is the address of The Directory of Open Access Journals by the University of Lund, Sweden:

"This service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. We aim to cover all subjects and languages. There are now 1218 journals in the directory. Currently 318 journals are searchable on article level. As of today 59314 articles are included in the DOAJ service."

You may browse by title or subject, for free.

Direct link Reply with quote

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:26
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Mainly English. Aug 28, 2004

That looks interesting. There are links to several hundred journals, categorised by field of interest. I've had a quick visit and looked at a few of the mathematics and engineering journals listed there. Most of them state that their language is English. A few claim English and, for example, Japanese, German, or Spanish. However, each article is only in one language and in my browsing I only saw one that wasn't in English - a French one in one of the maths journals. This will be useful to some people and rather less to others.
What I would like is "Rosetta stone" journals, with each article in more than one language (English and French or German in my case). Such journals are probably very rare. The only ones I have ever seen are on the Web sites of research institutions such as Fraunhofer in Germany.

xxxElena Sgarbo  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks, Charlotte! Aug 30, 2004

Excellent resource for those of us working with Science, Medicine and Language.

Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For scientific research and FREE:

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs