Japanese resources for glossary
Thread poster: Angelica Perrini
Angelica Perrini
Angelica Perrini  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 3, 2004

For my graduation thesis, I am carrying out a research on wine tools and equipment, i.e. tools used for winegrowing, winemaking, wine tasting and service, in order to build a terminological glossary in Italian, English and Japanese to serve as reference work for wine museums as well as for language professionals. I have found plenty of Italian and English materials so far, but have scanty Japanese resources. They consist of Japanese books (for example ���C������A���C���x�X�g�Z���N�V����300�A��... See more
For my graduation thesis, I am carrying out a research on wine tools and equipment, i.e. tools used for winegrowing, winemaking, wine tasting and service, in order to build a terminological glossary in Italian, English and Japanese to serve as reference work for wine museums as well as for language professionals. I have found plenty of Italian and English materials so far, but have scanty Japanese resources. They consist of Japanese books (for example ���C������A���C���x�X�g�Z���N�V����300�A��b���C�����{; the latter is a Japanese translation of the English book Behind the label) I bought with the idea of dedicating the glossary to general wine terminology. I then realized it would have not been a worthwhile And decided to better define the research field. At present, therefore, I can only resort to some amateur wine glossaries made available on the Internet and brochures collected at Osaka Wine Museum during a trip.
Can you help me finding more specific reference material?
Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I've moved this to Translator Resources Sep 3, 2004

You might also try writing the colleagues in the Japanese forum for help.

Shigeki Ohbayashi
Shigeki Ohbayashi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 04:01
Member (2004)
French to Japanese
+ ...
glossary of wine Sep 4, 2004

Bonjour

Vous avez deja vu ce site:

http://www2.winegrocery.com/enjoywine/w_term/index.html

J'espere que cela vous plait.

Au Japon, il commence a faire frais!!

Au revoir!

Angelica Perrini
Angelica Perrini  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci beaucoup! Sep 4, 2004

Sushitaro wrote:

Bonjour

Vous avez deja vu ce site:

http://www2.winegrocery.com/enjoywine/w_term/index.html

J'espere que cela vous plait.

Au Japon, il commence a faire frais!!

Au revoir!

Je ne l'avait jamais vu. Merci beaucoup.
ps. Je ne parle bien francais, donc je l'écris en anglais:
I think the link you posted would be of real help. Thank you very much and feel free to write again to signal other links or reference works.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese resources for glossary

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »