Mobile menu

Resource: ergonomic chairs
Thread poster: Joanna Mimmack
Joanna Mimmack  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:13
German to English
Sep 21, 2004

As a follow-up to the discussion on posture, I would welcome feedback from owners of ergonomic chairs. The ones I'm looking at are:

Herman Miller Aeron
Giroflex 64
RH Logic 4

The only one I've tried out is the Giroflex (on a visit to the UK met office). No doubt they are all good, but as I shan't be able to try each one out individually I'd welcome positive and negative comments from users to help me in my choice.

Direct link Reply with quote
Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 13:13
English to Russian
2 points Sep 21, 2004

I don't know the brands but you should make sure
1) there are no armrests and
2) the top of the back ends well below your shoulder blades.
I had tried 3 chairs until I got the one that 'doesn't hurt'
Have fun (and the right posture)

[Edited at 2005-07-08 06:19]

Ulrike Lieder  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:13
English to German
+ ...
Love the Aeron Sep 21, 2004

I've had the Herman Miller Aeron for quite a few years now - can't remember exactly how many, but I'm thinking at least 5 or 6. The chair I had originally bought was recalled by Miller after maybe 3 years or so (apparently there had been a safety issue), they notified me by mail of the recall, then shipped a brand-new chair to my house, set it up in my office, and took the old one away.

In a word - I love the chair. It is, of course, the chair in which I spend a very large part of my life It is very comfortable. I love the adjustable armrests - you can adjust both the height and the angle, so your arms are supported while you type. And since the armrests are adjustable, you can make sure that your wrists are not overextended.

IMHO, you simply cannot go wrong with the Aeron. It supports your back, your legs, your arms, and it is extremely comfortable, even after sitting in it for hours on end.

[Edited at 2004-09-21 15:28]

bergazy  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:13
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Stokke Sep 22, 2004

Please, take a look:

claudia bagnardi  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Joanna! Sep 22, 2004

I've been using an ergonomic chair for...let me think...around 15 years. In my case, it proved quite useful, but all the same, whenever I get those loooong translations that make me "stick" to the computer, I switch chairs. Two hours ergonomic, two hours plain chair. Basically, because the ergonomic chair - at least mine - seems to interfere with the blood flow at the back of my knees.
My two cents.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: ergonomic chairs

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs