A Reverse Dictionary
Thread poster: Pnina
| | Pnina
Local time: 04:23
Italian to Hebrew
In this online dictionary you enter a definition and find the relevant word! This dictionary lets you describe a concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept. Your description can be a single word, a few words, a sentence, or a question. Just enter it into the search box and click the "Find words" button. You will get a list of related terms with the best matches shown first. You can click each of these terms and get its definitions as they are written in several ordinary dictionaries.
This dictionary is useful for carrying out the following tasks:
1. Finding a word that matches a description of a concept (for example, museum guide, being tried twice for the same crime).
2. Exploring terms that are related to a certain concept (for example, renaissance, intervention).
3. Generation of a list of words in some category (for example, herbal remedies, cosmetic products).
4. Answering basic questions of identification (What is the capital of X? Which is the longest river in the world?)
5. Solving crossword puzzle clues.
With this dictionary you can learn a lot and have fun as well.
| || || |
| Great suggestion. || Oct 7, 2004 |
| | Marea
Spanish to English
| Added it to My Favorites || Oct 7, 2004 |
| | Heloísa Ferdinandt
Local time: 19:23
English to Portuguese
It can be handy.
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »