Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Sep 6, 2001

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help me figure out how to (quickly) search PDFs on a CD-ROM. What I want to do is to burn CDs with reference information I have gathered from the Internet, often parallel documents (rather than word lists) in German and English, each in a separate PDF. Once I have them organized into subject-specific CDs, what is the best way to index the multiple files and search for a term? I would have to find the term in a German file and then find the equivalent in an English file.

I have used the old AltaVista search tool in the past, which has now been replaced with something new, I think, but never for searching a CD. I am currently just using the indexing and search tool that comes with Windows, but it is slow.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Daina

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching PDFs on CD-ROM

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs