Mobile menu

MOA and AOA (legal docs in German required)
Thread poster: Goldenbead

Goldenbead  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 9, 2004

I need resources or a sample Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of a COmpany IN GERMAN. I am translating from English to German and am not very familiar with the German legal terminology.

I mean "Satzung".

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-09 12:13]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kieran Sheehan  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
Member (2008)
German to English
Standardvertragsmuster Nov 9, 2004

Verlag C.H.Beck publish a bilingual book (German-English) containing a variety of contractual documents incl. articles of association. The title is Standardvertragsmuster zum Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht. For those of us who do not translate such texts all the often it is quite useful, albeit somewhat inconsistent in its use of terminology. The author is Dieter Stummel, ISBN 3406479103. While my edition is from 2002, I believe a more recent edition has been published.

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Legal docs in German Nov 9, 2004

Hannah Gunasingh wrote:
I am translating from English to German and am not very familiar with the German legal terminology.

If you are not very familiar with German legal terminology, you might consider outsourcing this one to a native speaker with experience in the field of company law.

There is no standard "Satzung" (though you could probably find the minimum requirements in the BGB and the other laws referring to companies) - each one is tailored individually to the particular company in question. Not only do the contents of such documents in Germany differ from similar Anglo American documents, but the forms of companies and corporations differ in both countries - even if there appear to be basic similarities.

If, however, you are bent on trying it (and don't want to buy the book recommended above, which is good - there are many such books), you could start your search by looking at a sample "Satzung" for a German GmbH, something similar to, but in some ways quite different from a limited liability company (cf. ). Or you can sift through this collection of motley links (cf. ).

Good luck!

[Edited at 2004-11-09 20:47]

Andras Mohay
Greek to Hungarian
+ ...
Useful links Nov 9, 2004

Here are some useful links:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MOA and AOA (legal docs in German required)

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs