Mobile menu

Looking for a good Spanish-English dictionary, preferably on CD-Rom
Thread poster: xxxCateA
xxxCateA
Local time: 19:29
French to English
+ ...
Nov 16, 2004

The only Spanish dictionary I have is the large two-direction Collins (Sp-Eng-Sp). For French though, I have two single-direction dictionaires: the Harrap unabridged French to English and also the Collins French to English. I find these one-direction dictionaries much more useful than the two direction ones but can't seem to find any equivalents for Spanish. Does anyone know if Harrap and Collins do Spanish to English volumes? Does anyone know of any good Spanish to English dictionaries, particularly on CD-Rom?

Direct link Reply with quote

David Brown  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:29
Spanish to English
Looking for a good Spanish-English dictionary, preferably on CD-Rom Nov 16, 2004

The "Gran diccionario Oxford" 3rd edition comes with a CD-ROM. I bought mine in Spain in 2002.

RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oxford Spanish Dictionary Nov 17, 2004

The Oxford Spanish Dictionary, 3rd edition (I believe it's the same David mentions) is available only on CD-ROM too, so you do not need to buy the printed dictionary necessarily:

http://www.oup.co.uk/isbn/0-19-860683-4

I hope this helps!

davidgreen
German to English
oxford super lex Nov 17, 2004

Good luck finding it, but it's a CD with about 250,000 translations, I love it, also got search functions for lots of idiomatic expressions in both languages.

RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
They are the same dictionary Nov 17, 2004

To my understanding, Oxford Super Lex and the Oxford Spanish Dictionary are the same product, I have had both. Super Lex was just the installation name for the earlier version of the application. Oxford Spanish Dictionary 3rd Edition replaces that earlier product, I believe, and can be purchased at the URL I gave above (I bought it there myself).

I preferred the earlier UI, I have to say...

Hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a good Spanish-English dictionary, preferably on CD-Rom

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs