Copernic Desktop Search - new version
Thread poster: Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
French to English
Dec 7, 2004

Below is the announcement:
Apart from providing support for French, German and Dutch, plus Mozilla Firefox, this new version will (perhaps) solve the memory problems some have encountered.

Best

Barnaby

Copernic Desktop Search for Mozilla Firefox

Copernic today announced the availability of a new version (1.2) of its Copernic Desktop Search (CDS) product that fully supports the Mozilla Firefox Web browser. Copernic claims to be the firs
... See more
Below is the announcement:
Apart from providing support for French, German and Dutch, plus Mozilla Firefox, this new version will (perhaps) solve the memory problems some have encountered.

Best

Barnaby

Copernic Desktop Search for Mozilla Firefox

Copernic today announced the availability of a new version (1.2) of its Copernic Desktop Search (CDS) product that fully supports the Mozilla Firefox Web browser. Copernic claims to be the first desktop search tool which works with Mozilla Firefox.CDS 1.2 also features up to 200 percent faster indexing of PC hard drive content, reduced memory usage, and better compliance with French, German, Spanish and Italian content.

“CDS continues to get rave reviews from press, analysts, consultants, and bloggers, and has won multiple awards, including the CNET Editors’ Choice award,” said David M. Burns, CEO of Copernic. “And now CDS is the only production desktop search product with full Mozilla Firefox support.”

CDS 1.2 features lightning-fast indexing of PC hard drive content and improved PC memory usage. The new CDS version also indexes browsing history and bookmarked sites from Mozilla browsers. According to Web analytics company OneStat.com, Web browser products from the Mozilla Foundation continue to gain on Microsoft’s market leading Internet Explorer (IE). Although IE still owns 88.9 percent of the market, Mozilla-based products jumped to 7.4 percent in October. The Mozilla Foundation reports that more than 5.6 million copies of Firefox 1.0 have been downloaded in the two weeks following the product launch.

“We are happy to see that Copernic is providing support for Firefox,” said Chris Hofmann, Director of Engineering at the Mozilla Foundation. “We are close to 10 million downloads in almost a month since the release in November, and developers are taking notice.”
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
New version only... Dec 7, 2004

in English.

And I am still waiting for the implementation of CSV files.

Rgds

Toledo

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
If you try this link Dec 7, 2004

http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search/download.html

and then select from the four versions? I've only downloaded the English version so I can't guarantee anything!

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Yes, that is why I said only in Englisch Dec 7, 2004

Barnaby Capel-Dunn wrote:

http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search/download.html

and then select from the four versions? I've only downloaded the English version so I can't guarantee anything!

Copernic Desktop Search 1.2 - English
Copernic Desktop Search 1.1 - French
Copernic Desktop Search 1.1 - German
Copernic Desktop Search 1.1 - Dutch

1.2 is the new one

Rgds

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
You're quite right Dec 8, 2004

... but at least it's a start!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copernic Desktop Search - new version

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »