Mobile menu

How do I convert a Quark file into .pdf?
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 15, 2002

Hi

Hello

I\'ve just translated a document in Quark, and the client wants it in .pdf. Do you know how can I convert it?

(I only have the Acrobat reader, not Acrobat).

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

Direct link Reply with quote

Olivier San Léandro  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:14
English to French
+ ...
PDFMail May 15, 2002

Helo Clarisa,

You may download small applications aimed at converting any file (.doc,.rtf,.jpg, etc) into .pdf files.

I got PDFMail for free from a website, and I can send you the setup program if you wish (848 Kb). I\'m very satisfied with this application which is very easy to use (in French however).

Feel free to contact me.

Olivier

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Acrobat Distiller May 15, 2002

Hi Clarisa,

If you can store the file (or the individual pages) in .eps format (extended postscript), Acrobat Distiller can convert them into PDF. I have Adobe Acrobat (including Distiller) and could do it for you - contact me directly to check file transfer.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-15 06:43 ]

Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
www.adobe.com May 15, 2002

Go to the website www.adobe.com, click \"Acrobat Family\", then on \"Tryouts\" and finally on \"Create Adobe pdf on line\". You just have to register, after which you can upload your file and they send you the file in pdf format by mail (or you can go and download it from the website). You are entitled to 5 pdf conversions, but if you have an e-mail address for which you can create aliases, that means you have unlimited access (but every five conversions, you have to re-register with another e-mail address). I used this system for a few months, but in the end, I bought the software. In the long run, that was more efficient. If it\'s a \"one shot\", the site is offers a great solution.

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 16, 2002

Thank you very much!

I went to Adobe Website but the Quark format was not supported by the site, and the convertion failed.

Thus, I told the client to take the Quark file to a graphic designer who could print it. He could review the translation, and he was happy with the results!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I convert a Quark file into .pdf?

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs