Mobile menu

www.dicdata.de
Thread poster: Sarah Downing

Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
German to English
+ ...
May 15, 2002

For anyone who hasn\'t already come across it, I wanted to recommended dicdata, a very good online dictionary for GermanEnglish and GermanFrench - it has a wide variety of terms, some that I have not been able to find elsewhere.

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:18
German to English
Yes, I agree May 15, 2002

Sarah, this dictionary was discovered by a ProZ colleague some time ago, but it\'s so useful that it\'s good to let newcomers know about it. I consider it far better than Leo, for example.

Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I use both of them regularly ... May 15, 2002

and once you do, you realise that each is better for certain topics - I think Leo, for example, is slightly better for technical topics. By the way, does anyone know of any online dictionaries for French-English that are comparable with Leo or dicdata? - I know of Eurodicautom and granddictionnaire.com, but am yet to find a really good one for general language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

www.dicdata.de

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs