Needed: Mac glossaries in txt/PC format
Thread poster: HWeiner
HWeiner
Local time: 16:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 18, 2005

Dear all,
Is there anyone who's got the Mac glossaries (English & Dutch in particular) in txt/PC format for me? I have been trying to get on the Apple ftp site for days now, but to no avail. I urgently need the glossaries. Please can anyone help me? Thanks ever so much. Best regards, Heleen

Direct link Reply with quote

Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:06
German to French
+ ...
Here maybe? Jan 18, 2005

http://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mirrors/apple/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Mac_OS_X_Glossaries/

xxxtr.
Local time: 17:06
English to Italian
Mac glossaries Jan 18, 2005

Hi Heleen,

you mean the Mac OS X Glossaries?
http://developer.apple.com/intl/localization/tools.html
they're at:
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Mac_OS_X_Glossaries/

I had the Italian glossaries already. I just checked again with the German package, I had no problem downloading it.
If you're looking for older glossaries they're here (in TXT format):
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Apple_Intl_Glossaries/Apple_Intl_Glossaries_TXT

(sorry if you know this already!)

If it's the Mac OS X glossaries that you need, and you want them in a different format than the .ad which only works with Apple's own (old) tools, then I can convert them all to .txt for you. I wrote a script some time ago to do that so it's all automatic and would only take a few minutes. If you do need this immediately, send me an email.

Monica

HWeiner
Local time: 16:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Big thank you to Monica Jan 20, 2005

Thank you both for your responses. Monica, an extra big thank you to you for providing me with the Mac glossaries in txt format! Just what I needed. Best wishes, Heleen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Needed: Mac glossaries in txt/PC format

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs