Thread poster: Jeff Skinner
Jeff Skinner
Jeff Skinner  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:31
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2016

I stumbled across these titles while skimming through the Reiter's website and wondered if anyone has used them for work. They seem to have a number of specialized dictionaries that could be useful if they're good. I couldn't find any reviews online; has anyone had the occasion to pick one up, and if so - what did you think?

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:31
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
... Aug 9, 2016

"Zhivoy Yazyk" is a publishing house. What dictionaries i particular? I'm not sure they are compiled by the PH itself... but can be re-printed from some older and/or well-known sources.
E.g. many famous dictionaries (like Duden, NTC's, Longman) were (officially?) published by "Русский язык" Publishing house in the late 90-s.

[Редактировалось 2016-08-09 16:43 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Zhivoy Yazyk" dictionaries - any good?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »