Anyone interested in purchasing the Routledge English to French Technical Dictionary?
Thread poster: Anna Fitzgerald

Anna Fitzgerald  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:55
French to English
Apr 23, 2005

Hello,

I would like to purchase the Routledge FrenchEnglish Technical Dictionary, but it is very expensive and I would only need the French>English volume. Is there someone who is interested in purchasing the English>French volume? Together they cost about $430.

If you are interested, please reply to this message.

Thank you,
anna

Direct link Reply with quote

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Try Amazon or eBay Apr 23, 2005

Both volumes (each sold separately) are available on eBay and Amazon for $250.00 each. You can get it even cheaper on Amazon if you go for a used copy.

David Sirett
French to English
+ ...
Do you really 'need' it? Apr 29, 2005

IMHO the Routledge F-E technical dictionary is not worth even the $250 or so for the single volume that you want, though I appreciate that others may find it more useful than I do. I would recommend that you spend the money on a Termium subscription, or on monolingual dictionaries in fields of special interest to you.

Regards
David

Anna Fitzgerald  Identity Verified
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
How good is Termium for life sciences? Apr 30, 2005

David Sirett wrote:

IMHO the Routledge F-E technical dictionary is not worth even the $250 or so for the single volume that you want, though I appreciate that others may find it more useful than I do. I would recommend that you spend the money on a Termium subscription, or on monolingual dictionaries in fields of special interest to you.

Regards
David

Thanks for your input, David. I looked over Termium and was wondering if it is significantly better than the Grand dictionnaire terminologique, especially for life sciences. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone interested in purchasing the Routledge English to French Technical Dictionary?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums