https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/32885-beta_version_of_google_print_books_on_line.html

Beta version of Google Print (Books) on-line
Thread poster: Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:45
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 31, 2005

The beta version of Google Print is on-line. You can browse thousands of books on-line and view them (click on More Results from This Book).

http://print.google.com/print?lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=french%20language

... See more
The beta version of Google Print is on-line. You can browse thousands of books on-line and view them (click on More Results from This Book).

http://print.google.com/print?lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=french%20language

FAQ:
http://print.google.com/googleprint/help.html#4

Also, see HINT below.

[Edited at 2005-06-01 04:18]
Collapse

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:45
French to English
+ ...
Wow! May 31, 2005

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

The beta version of Google Print is on-line. You can browse thousands of books on-line and view up to 30 pages (click on More Results from This Book).

That is pretty amazing. I don't understand what's in it for the publishers, though - won't this hit sales?

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Fantastic link May 31, 2005

That is a fantastic link. A great way to get distracted too.
Thanks for that.
Sarah.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:45
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Magnificent! Jun 1, 2005

Have you tried typing "translation" or "history translation"?

Wonderful!

Regards,

Clarisa

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:45
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hint Jun 1, 2005

After playing around with this site a little, I noticed that you can view the table of contents, find the page you want to read and then go More Results and find the page.

If this page is not active, return to the Google Print home page and enter the name of the chapter (or a portion of it) as your search, click on the book again, and then More Results - the page you want should now be active.

I also read (but did not try this) that if the More Results option disappears
... See more
After playing around with this site a little, I noticed that you can view the table of contents, find the page you want to read and then go More Results and find the page.

If this page is not active, return to the Google Print home page and enter the name of the chapter (or a portion of it) as your search, click on the book again, and then More Results - the page you want should now be active.

I also read (but did not try this) that if the More Results option disappears, you can refresh your cookies and it will return.

It seems that hackers are already working on a way to circumvent these page limit restrictions and print the entire book, so I don't know how long this service will be available.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beta version of Google Print (Books) on-line

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »