Thread poster: Bilore

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:06
English to French
+ ...
Jun 15, 2005

hello,

I'm trying to learn czech and would need bilingual ressources to improve my vocabulary. I'm especially interested in short bilingual texts in the financial/legal field, does someone know where I could find some on the Web?

thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-15 12:38]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-16 13:45]

Direct link Reply with quote

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
czechlist Jun 15, 2005

Bonsoir Christine,

you may want to have a look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Czechlist/
This is a group dedicated to translations (but not only!) Czech-English-Czech, I'd recommend to ask there.

HTH!

Charlotte

BTW, about ten years ago I bought a small book from Assimil: Le Tchèque sans peine by Olga Spilar, maybe you can still get it. I just love it!

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Jun 15, 2005

Charlotte Blank wrote:

BTW, about ten years ago I bought a small book from Assimil: Le Tchèque sans peine by Olga Spilar, maybe you can still get it. I just love it!

Thank you so much Charlotte!

Yes I also use "Le tchèque sans peine" and recently bought a good dictionnary. However, I'd like to add czech to the languages I translate in the (not near!) future and I want to concentate the translation of contracts and financial documents as it is my area of expertise n°1.

I thouhgt it was useless trying to find FRCZ ressources and I guess I'll have more chances if I look for ENCZ documents.

I'll also try the link you provided, seems interesting!

Thanks!

Jaroslav Tomiczek  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Czech
bohemica Jun 15, 2005

Charlotte Blank wrote:

Bonsoir Christine,

you may want to have a look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Czechlist/
This is a group dedicated to translations (but not only!) Czech-English-Czech, I'd recommend to ask there.

HTH!

Charlotte

And Charlotte's source might bring you to that:
http://www.bohemica.com/
Jaro

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
Something else - in French Jun 16, 2005

Christine Biloré wrote:

However, I'd like to add czech to the languages I translate in the (not near!) future and I want to concentate the translation of contracts and financial documents as it is my area of expertise n°1.

I thouhgt it was useless trying to find FRCZ ressources

You're quite audacious;)
I just found something else which could be a good source: http://www.ccft-fcok.cz/fr/presentation/default.asp
It's the French-Czech Chamber of Commerce, they have some publications (not free, though...) in both languages. Judging from what I know from the German equivalent, it should be not so bad for learning. At least you could ask them for more tips (and maybe they could be a good ressource for later work as well!).

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for: CZ-EN and CZ-FR resources

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums