Thread poster: Bilore

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:15
English to French
+ ...
Jun 15, 2005

hello,

I'm trying to learn czech and would need bilingual ressources to improve my vocabulary. I'm especially interested in short bilingual texts in the financial/legal field, does someone know where I could find some on the Web?

thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-15 12:38]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-16 13:45]

Direct link Reply with quote

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
czechlist Jun 15, 2005

Bonsoir Christine,

you may want to have a look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Czechlist/
This is a group dedicated to translations (but not only!) Czech-English-Czech, I'd recommend to ask there.

HTH!

Charlotte

BTW, about ten years ago I bought a small book from Assimil: Le Tchèque sans peine by Olga Spilar, maybe you can still get it. I just love it!

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Jun 15, 2005

Charlotte Blank wrote:

BTW, about ten years ago I bought a small book from Assimil: Le Tchèque sans peine by Olga Spilar, maybe you can still get it. I just love it!

Thank you so much Charlotte!

Yes I also use "Le tchèque sans peine" and recently bought a good dictionnary. However, I'd like to add czech to the languages I translate in the (not near!) future and I want to concentate the translation of contracts and financial documents as it is my area of expertise n°1.

I thouhgt it was useless trying to find FRCZ ressources and I guess I'll have more chances if I look for ENCZ documents.

I'll also try the link you provided, seems interesting!

Thanks!

Jaroslav Tomiczek  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Czech
bohemica Jun 15, 2005

Charlotte Blank wrote:

Bonsoir Christine,

you may want to have a look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Czechlist/
This is a group dedicated to translations (but not only!) Czech-English-Czech, I'd recommend to ask there.

HTH!

Charlotte

And Charlotte's source might bring you to that:
http://www.bohemica.com/
Jaro

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
Something else - in French Jun 16, 2005

Christine Biloré wrote:

However, I'd like to add czech to the languages I translate in the (not near!) future and I want to concentate the translation of contracts and financial documents as it is my area of expertise n°1.

I thouhgt it was useless trying to find FRCZ ressources

You're quite audacious;)
I just found something else which could be a good source: http://www.ccft-fcok.cz/fr/presentation/default.asp
It's the French-Czech Chamber of Commerce, they have some publications (not free, though...) in both languages. Judging from what I know from the German equivalent, it should be not so bad for learning. At least you could ask them for more tips (and maybe they could be a good ressource for later work as well!).

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for: CZ-EN and CZ-FR resources

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs