Thread poster: Balasubramaniam L.

Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:38
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 22, 2005

The Government of India on 20 June 2005 launched a suit of free Hindi software tools and Fonts which are availble either as a CD or can be downloaded from the following site:

www.ildc.gov.in

This suite includes:
- 525 fonts
- Open Office Suite
- Spell Checker
- Web Browser
- E-mail client
- OCR software for Hindi
- Hindi-English Electronic Dictionary
- Transliteration Tool
- Word Processor
- Key Board Drivers
- Text to Speech converter
- Typing Tutor

All the above are available for free as part of the government's effort to promote language computing technology development.

The launch of this package of software was advertised in all the leading Indian newspapers on June 21, 2005.

In you missed the ad, you can visit the above-mentioned website and register yourself to receive the CD or if you have a fast internet connection, directly download the softwares.

Direct link Reply with quote

satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
"Thank you for this great work" Jun 22, 2005

Dear Balasubramaniam,

Really you have done a great work, i appreciate your efforts for giving the details of the site and its features, it serves a helpful information for the whole indian translators,i too didn't see this ad since many days i have been busy in projects i couldn't see the paper,i might have missed totally this information if you wouldn't have posted this topic,iam really thankful to you.

Regards,
Satish.

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Thanks Jun 22, 2005

Many thanks to you for this great info which will prove very helpful.

keshab  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
You are a real ProZian. Jun 22, 2005

Hats off to you dear Bala! You have done a great job for us.I also read the news in newspapers but didn't know the name of the site (lack of full information is common with newspapers).We get many things from the cd but specially we benefited of the standerdised technical hindi of government of India. Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free Hindi software tools and Fonts

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs