Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Eurodicautom unavailable since yesterday
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:53
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2005

Hi everybody
I'm receiving the "No more connections available; try later" message since yesterday. Anybody knows what's happening there? Is it already deactivated?

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
it's there Jun 25, 2005

you were probably trying at a time when many others were trying, too

swisstell
Italy
German to English
+ ...
so I noticed Jun 25, 2005

and not just during the usual "peak hours" - but whenever I tried to access (which is rarely during bothersome peak hours).

Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:53
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Eurodicautom and Iate Jun 25, 2005

HI,

I don't know what happens with the Eurodicautom site, but I know that it's not being updated because now they are updating the iate site. You can visit it at: https://iate.cdt.eu.int/iatenew/Plogin.jsp

I hope it helps.
Eugenia

Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 19:53
Italian to Danish
+ ...
It's gone forever! Jun 25, 2005

... and without even submitting a link to the new server

Just now I realize how much I depended on this tool!
Back to troublesome searching through book dictionaries - at least till some kind spirit finds the link to the new database and share it with everybody here.

.... oh, I just realized that the kind spirit already gave this information. Thank you! I'll go and have a look at it right away!

[Edited at 2005-06-25 06:57]

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:53
Flemish to English
+ ...
Gone forever? Jun 25, 2005

Dinny wrote:

... and without even submitting a link to the new server

Just now I realize how much I depended on this tool!
Back to troublesome searching through book dictionaries - at least till some kind spirit finds the link to the new database and share it with everybody here.

.... oh, I just realized that the kind spirit already gave this information. Thank you! I'll go and have a look at it right away!

[Edited at 2005-06-25 06:57]

--
Gone forever? It works without any problems.
However, if you use it during Eurocratic business-hours (09.00-17.00, Brussels time) then you stand a 99% chance that "no more connections are available".

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dunno Jun 25, 2005

Williamson wrote:

However, if you use it during Eurocratic business-hours (09.00-17.00, Brussels time) then you stand a 99% chance that "no more connections are available".

It was off last night between 1 and 3 a.m. (when I needed it for an emergency). And it's back right now.

Monique Laville  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to French
+ ...
happens regularly Jun 25, 2005

to receive the message "No more connections available; try later". When I receive this message I try anyway immediately after, 2 or 3 times. It often works.
Well I must admit I very seldom used Eurodic lately.

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Flemish to English
+ ...
Expert help. Jun 25, 2005

Better to mark the unknown terminology before starting the translation and avail oneself of help of an expert in the particular field with a knowledge of both source and target-target language.
He/she can explain the correct terms as fast as Eurodicautom.
His/Her help enables you to work a lot faster.
His/her help does not come for free, so calculate your rates accordingly.

Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:53
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
What an improvement! Jun 25, 2005

Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez wrote:

HI,

I don't know what happens with the Eurodicautom site, but I know that it's not being updated because now they are updating the iate site. You can visit it at: https://iate.cdt.eu.int/iatenew/Plogin.jsp

I hope it helps.
Eugenia

I don't know how anyone else feels about this yet but this site seems like it has way more information than Eurodicautom ever did. Maybe that's just my first impression but I really like this one better. Can way it could be replace the Eurodicautom link on the internet search button on Proz? It would be more helpful than Eurodicautom which is always "unavailable."

Simon Beswetherick  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
New Eurodicautom alternative Jun 26, 2005

I saw in a French forum that the alternative available to Eurodicautom is ITATE, at https://iate.cdt.eu.int/iatenew/

I've been unable to access this new site. Has any got any tips?

Thanks,

Simon.

eva75
English
+ ...
Bye, bye Eurodicautom! Hello IATE! Jun 26, 2005

Simon Beswetherick wrote:

I saw in a French forum that the alternative available to Eurodicautom is ITATE, at https://iate.cdt.eu.int/iatenew/

Thanks,

Simon.

I have just tried to access Eurodicautom again with no luck. I think this is because the new, integrated terminology system, IATE is now up and running.
https://iate.cdt.eu.int/iatenew/

IATE is a single central terminology database for all the institutions, agencies and other bodies of the European Union. You can now check the translation of the term in a specific EU institution.

[Edited at 2005-06-26 17:10]

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
login.jsp Jun 27, 2005

Thanks,

Simon.

Hi Simon,
To access the IATE site, use the full link provided in the previous messages on this thread. If you're asked for a user ID and password, type "guest" in both fields and you'll be logged in as a guest which enables you to search for your terms wihtout any limitation (at least I've noticed none).

HTH
Marie-Céline

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
Really strange... Jun 27, 2005

Marie-Céline GEORG wrote:

Hi Simon,
To access the IATE site, use the full link provided in the previous messages on this thread. If you're asked for a user ID and password, type "guest" in both fields
Marie-Céline

I just tried it with the full link but clicking on "Continue" did not work at all. Then I used https://iate.cdt.eu.int/iatenew/ and immediately got to the right place, even "guest" was already filled in

Charlotte

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Eurodicautom unavailable since yesterday

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums