https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/3456-invoicing_with_dejavu_facturer_avec_dejavu_facturar_con_dejavu.html

Invoicing with DejaVu - Facturer avec DejaVu - Facturar con DejaVu
Thread poster: Isla MONTREUIL
Isla MONTREUIL
Isla MONTREUIL  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:51
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 21, 2002

I write this message in English, but answers and comments are welcome in French and Spanish as well.

I would like to know of any of you has ever tried to count the percentage of fuzziness of a given document in relation to an existing TM.

A client of mine would like me to give him my rates according to the percentage of fuzziness of his new document compared to a TM he would give me.

Put simply: does DejaVu allow to count repetitions and fuzzy matches?... See more
I write this message in English, but answers and comments are welcome in French and Spanish as well.

I would like to know of any of you has ever tried to count the percentage of fuzziness of a given document in relation to an existing TM.

A client of mine would like me to give him my rates according to the percentage of fuzziness of his new document compared to a TM he would give me.

Put simply: does DejaVu allow to count repetitions and fuzzy matches?

Thank you for your help or suggestions!
[addsig]
Collapse

Joeri Van Liefferinge
Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 17:51
English to Dutch
+ ...
Yes and no Jun 21, 2002

You can count repetitions by first pretranslating and then checking the \"Internal repetition\" box in the Count words and characters window. There, you can also check the \"Fuzzy match rows\" and \"Exact match rows\" boxes.

As for fuzzy matches, DV doesn\'t allow you to determine the percentage of fuzziness. Anyhow, I charge 100% of the normal rate: as soon as I have to change 1 character in a sentence, the client pays for the whole sentence. After all, you made the investment of buyi
... See more
You can count repetitions by first pretranslating and then checking the \"Internal repetition\" box in the Count words and characters window. There, you can also check the \"Fuzzy match rows\" and \"Exact match rows\" boxes.

As for fuzzy matches, DV doesn\'t allow you to determine the percentage of fuzziness. Anyhow, I charge 100% of the normal rate: as soon as I have to change 1 character in a sentence, the client pays for the whole sentence. After all, you made the investment of buying DV for your own profit, not for your client\'s. If a client wants me to translate a project in DV and not charge exact matches, I ask him to send me a dvf file and lock the sentences I don\'t have to translate. If he can\'t do that, he pays for the entire text.

Joeri
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoicing with DejaVu - Facturer avec DejaVu - Facturar con DejaVu

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »