Mobile menu

Looking for: EN-AR Glossary Freeware
Thread poster: Continental Translations

Continental Translations
Local time: 15:33
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2005

I'm looking for some free software similar to that of Babylon software that can act as a wordbank, in which I can look up words and add words to it.

Any ideas? I am considering making one using MS Access if there isn't one available.

I am looking for one for the language pair EnglishArabic, in which language can be categorised.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-17 06:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
Try "TranSphere" by Apptek, Inc. Jul 17, 2005

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Doubtful that freeware exists that is both bilinguial and bidirectional (displays RTL cursive alphabets such as Arabic, Persian, Kurdish, Hebrew, Aramaic, etc.).

While it's not freeware, for the purpose you described (esp. design and population of a specialized bilingual glossary or dictionary), you might consider getting the "TranSphere" software available from AppTek, Inc. < www.apptek.com >.

HTH.

Khair, in sha' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
English Arabic,
Kurdish and Persian
San Pedro, California

xxxOlaf
Local time: 15:33
English to German
Try Jul 18, 2005

Continental Translations wrote:

I am looking for one for the language pair EnglishArabic, in which language can be categorised.

If you're good at text manipulation you could convert the Arabic/Englisch dictionary created for the Duali project:

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Duali

The corpus is based on the Buckwalter Arabic Morphological Analyzer Version 1.0.:

http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/catalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2002L49

[Edited at 2005-07-18 21:23]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for: EN-AR Glossary Freeware

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs